Game of Thrones s1e1

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
‪Watched the first ever ep of Game of Thrones again today, first time in 8(?) years.

So... (a) everybody looks so young (b) the lower budget shows (c) it feels like a 1980s BBC show and (d) you’re gonna die, & you’re gonna die, & you’re gonna die, & you there are also gonna die. ‬

Lots of dead men walking.

The pacing is much much slower than I’m used to from that show (and I’m not just talking the last couple of years).

Yeah, when I watched the first episode for the first time, I wasn't convinced that it would become as good as it ultimately would. If it weren't for the cliffhanger ending, I might not have kept watching the show.

Zardnaar

Legend
I liked season one, not one of the best but was hooked all those years ago. Pacing was good.

I recommend buying marshmellows, popcorn and a nice seat for tomorrow. It's going to be a meltdown of epic proportions, that petition is going to have 2 million+ signatures this time next week.

Last edited:

Yeah, the pacing of the first couple of seasons is very different than the last couple.

The series really opens up and breathes, and explores the characters. Isn't s1e2 or s1e3 the one where they spend the entire episode on the King's Road headed to King's Landing?

Now it's rush, rush, rush, with every scene being what would have been an episode-ending climax.

We did a re-watch prior to the final season, and yeah, there's tons of "that person's dead, that's person's dead. All these people are dead."

I know it'll never happen, but I'd love to see the original pilot. Supposedly it didn't work at all, and had a different actress playing Daenerys.

C

Catacombs

I'm reading the books for the first time and rewatching everything up to season 8.

I, too, watched S1E1 recently. It felt weird seeing everyone so young. Also, the show really follows the book well. I'm interested to see, as I continue reading, how the books and show stick together.

Zardnaar

Legend
Watched seasons 1 to 6 just before season 7 landed and rewatched 7 a few months ago.

You do get the you're dead now effect a lot.

Right before season 3 landed we had 3 families binge watch season 2 then watch the start of season 3 that night. It's been an event/ride.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Just finished s1. At the end of the first season Dany burns her captured midwife slave alive for failing her. “You will [scream]. But I don’t want your screams. I only want your life.” She was full of vengeance from the start.

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
Her vengeance was always focused on people who wronged her not random Innocents.

It was also the speed of her heel turn. Her burning down the red keep with innocents in it makes sense. Nuking KL not so much. Her heel turn was done poorly, basically flick a switch. This was against a backdrop of night King doesn't matter, Cersei is the villain now nope she's dead now as well now it's Dany. All of which happened in 3 episodes.

Pacing and execution was all off

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Her vengeance was always focused on people who wronged her not random Innocents.

It was also the speed of her heel turn. Her burning down the red keep with innocents in it makes sense. Nuking KL not so much. Her heel turn was done poorly, basically flick a switch. This was against a backdrop of night King doesn't matter, Cersei is the villain now nope she's dead now as well now it's Dany. All of which happened in 3 episodes.

Pacing and execution was all off

I’m not sure how both you and [MENTION=25643]ca[/MENTION]pnZapp are continuing to reply to me, but I have had you both blocked for a while. I would like to clarify that circumventing the privacy features on this forum, whether it’s me or anybody else, will get you permanently banned. We take the privacy controls seriously.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases