Full Stats for Infernal War Machine from Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus

We've now got the full stats for the Infernal War Machine thanks to Twitter user @JohnCarney.
These massive Mad Max inspired war machines feature in the new adventure, Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus. And now we have our first look at their stats!

The "mini"ature pictured above will be available from WizKids for $69.99 and will also be included in the Beadle & Grimm Platinum Box Set for the adventure.

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

Bitbrain

Lost in Dark Sun
Hope they clean up the rules before publishing.
Any size requirement/limitations for Stations? Can a Pixie operate one as well as a Human as well as a Giant?

*snort* tiny Pixies driving huge Mad Max-type war machines.

I'm giving XP for this, as it is exactly the kind of "Stupid Awesome" idea that I love about Dungeons and Dragons.

I was already planning on including these constructs in my upcoming Eberron game as part of the Lord of Blades' forces, but now I'm DEFINITELY going to include a group of tank-piloting pixies mutated by the Day of Mourning into his organization.

Stupid Awesome is right! My brother and, when we heard about these things, both started grinning like goons (we had both had a few drinks at that point, since we had made the stream event into a small party). Infernal War Machines are the kind of things players are going to love, and are going to open all sorts of new adventure ideas for DMs.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
The picture above isn’t great but I get the feeling wizkids is going for a scorched metal look. I’ll wait for Pogre to surprise us with a painted one in his mini thread later on in the year :)

Wrathamon

Adventurer
I guess Hasbro's hand is behind this, and I don't blame it.

I don't. I think Chris Perkin's watched Fury Road and said I want to make a D&D campaign about that! He has also been using a lot of classic literature as a muse for his adventures. Alice in Wonderland for Out of the Abyss for example.

"Fury Road meets Dante's Inferno" seems like a great premise to explore and it hasn't been done before.

I feel Baldur's Gate is tacked on to be honest

pogre

Legend
The picture above isn’t great but I get the feeling wizkids is going for a scorched metal look. I’ll wait for Pogre to surprise us with a painted one in his mini thread later on in the year :)

If I paint one it will be for a commission.

I need a vehicle in my game more akin to the old Snotling Pump Wagons! Rowdy, drugged-up goblins are closer to my game's aesthetic. ;)

Still, it looks pretty cool in the pictures. Then again, I thought the big ship they made looked awesome in the pictures, but was disappointed when I saw it in person.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases