• D&D 3E/3.5

Votes: 79 27.0%
  • D&D 4E

Votes: 73 24.9%
  • Other (not 5E)

Votes: 9 3.1%

Hussar

Legend
Don't forget, we need a side order of HP=meat, nonmagical healing, and top it off with a nice juicy disociative dessert.

Wonder what kind of wine goes with disociative desserts?

Tony Vargas

Legend
As far as why we "don't talk about fourth edition", well, there's a very good reason for that. One only has to peruse the forums from about 2008-2010 to see why we don't talk about fourth edition. It was impossible to talk about without it turning into a giant edition war ....
More like through 2014.

... Imagine it was like that for every single thread, every single day, for three or four YEARS and that's what it was like to talk about 4e.
Until 5e was out and clearly successful, the edition war may have waxed & waned, but it was still ongoing. And, while over & the victor clear, it still flares up whenever - as in this thread - something even /slightly/ positive might pop up on the topic of 4e.

Last edited:

Bigsta

Explorer
Don't forget, we need a side order of HP=meat, nonmagical healing, and top it off with a nice juicy disociative dessert.

I love HP = Meat because it means every fight in D&D looks like a fight in Soulcalibur, yet those same people often get all huffy if you play D&D "like a videogame."

Tony Vargas

Legend
The kind with an H in it, I think?
"Chateau d'Emmersions, '74, a fine ex-
… oh, bother, I seem to have broken the bottle."

"What? No! My EMMERSIONS!"
Well, I love HP = Meat, because that means that 5e characters are Arby's.

THEY HAVE ALL THE MEATS!
3e characters have more. Bear's Endurance for-the-Meats … I mean 'Win.'

ccs

41st lv DM
More like through 2014.

Until 5e was out and clearly successful, the edition war may have waxed & waned, but it was still ongoing. And, while over & the victor clear, it still flares up whenever - as in this thread - something even /slightly/ positive might pop up on the topic of 4e.

That's because, even after all these years, 4e fans (especially you) completely overreact the moment someone
says something slightly disparaging about the edition/teases you even a little bit.

To paraphrase Loki: "Are you ever not going to fall for that?"
(my bet is no. You'll be an old old man, 10e will launch, someone'll say something you don't like about 4e & off you'll go.)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
(my bet is no. You'll be an old old man, 10e will launch, someone'll say something you don't like about 4e & off you'll go.)

Hey, you! Pay attention! I already gave one warning in this thread about not making things personal. If you thought patience for this nonsense has somehow refreshed, or that you're too cool for the rules, dismiss that notion. Cut out the jerkitude, already.

That's two warnings to the thread. Don't expect a third. The next person in here who resorts to personal barbs can expect a vacation without discussion. I hope that's abundantly clear.

Tony Vargas

Legend
That's because, even after all these years, 4e fans completely overreact the moment someone
says something slightly disparaging about the edition.
The edition war got called "the edition war" rather than the 'edition discussion' or the 'edition debate' or even 'the edition controversy,' because, quite apart from "who started it" (WotC, by making 4e! No! fans by complaining about 3.5! No! Gygax by writing Chainmail!), both sides repeatedly crossed lines of bare-minimum, simple civility that they shouldn't've.

As soon as we forget that, we risk repeating it.

You'll be an old old man, 10e will launch
I am already an old man. At the historical rate of edition churn, with my "health challenges," I'll be lucky to see a 7e.

If I do, it may even be some VR game where you never directly engage the underlying mechanics. ;)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases