• D&D 3E/3.5

Votes: 79 27.0%
  • D&D 4E

Votes: 73 24.9%
  • Other (not 5E)

Votes: 9 3.1%

thundershot

Adventurer
I flipped back and forth between voting 2E and 3E and chose 2E because, while overly complicated at times, we had the most FUN playing 2E... 3E was great for customizing characters and flexibility, but all of the balance added took away some of the crazy fun we had with 2E.

And the adventures.... the most memorable adventures to me are Dragon Mountain, Baba Yaga, Goblins Return, Heart of the Enemy, Night Below, and many more..

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
1e.
[MENTION=6803664]ccs[/MENTION] hits many of my reasons for this in a post upthread. This puts the rest far better than I could:

I also prefer niche protection, and have a healthy disdain for “every class should be good at every aspect.” design philosophy. I view D&D like a team, where various classes play off weaknesses and strengths of others, like sports teams are now. Not where every player is as good in every aspect as every other player.
Thanks for saving me the typing. :)

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Epic
I selected "Other" because I consider neither B/X nor BECMI part of OD&D (yet they're close enough to each other to be akin to 3.0/3.5).

Kinda surprised 4e is leading. Maybe now that it isn't the D&D more people are open to it? I picked 2e cause it was my first D&D game. I remember getting the FR box set and looking at the maps and all the possibilities that filled my head. I miss setting box sets.

ccs

41st lv DM
Kinda surprised 4e is leading. Maybe now that it isn't the D&D more people are open to it?

This is a case of statistics lying to you. At the moment 4e has 38 votes. All others combined = 106 votes. Wich means that 76.some % of us reject 4e. 4e: Not the most popular version.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
This is a case of statistics lying to you. At the moment 4e has 38 votes. All others combined = 106 votes. Wich means that 76.some % of us reject 4e. 4e: Not the most popular version.

The terms of the poll don't allow you to infer that, even from the answers there. The poll is about favorite edition and says nothing about what an individual participant's second favorite is.
That said, given the polarizing nature of 4e on the boards, if someone ran a poll about least favorite edition, I think 4e would have a very strong showing.

Xaelvaen

Stuck in the 90s
I'm not sure if it's pure nostalgia, due to the fact that I began playing with 2E, or the fact that the system has aged well (at least with all the player variants and house rules we made all those years ago), but AD&D 2E all the way.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
The terms of the poll don't allow you to infer that, even from the answers there. The poll is about favorite edition and says nothing about what an individual participant's second favorite is.
That said, given the polarizing nature of 4e on the boards, if someone ran a poll about least favorite edition, I think 4e would have a very strong showing.
Yea, there aren't a lot of people who are "Meh" about 4e. You either really liked it or you really didn't.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases