GAME OF THRONES SEASON 8--Final Run-- Part 6---THE END

Sadras

Legend
[MENTION=23751]Maxperson[/MENTION], Cool! Glad to hear it.

On Aegon, I think it is going to be Jon even in the books, 'cause I guess the other claimant is going to die horribly before the ending :D

I think his name will be Aemon. I believe that they did not want to confuse viewers with Maester Aemon from Castle Black hence the switch to Aegon. For the same reason they created Yara Greyjoy.

Sadras

Legend
Jon had value as a hostage. The random Lannister soldiers didn’t.

What value did Jon have as a hostage for Grey Worm?
Nothing was discussed when the major houses met. There was absolutely no bargaining whatsoever except for his punishment. So no, value was not the consideration. And they certainly were not afraid of the Northern/Vale forces.

I mean I could do the writers' job by fanwanking and say it was to build more ships so the mushrooming Essos armies could sail back to where they came from but yeah, other than that weak justification...

Last edited:

Numidius

Adventurer
Daenerys dies, quietly, no one is shown to care, not even Greyworm. No witnesses. Still Jon is sent to the barrier, but the Watch is dimantled. The North is declared indipendent, still the Six realms have jurisdiction over the barrier, apparently, which is now serving as a rehab for broken hearted.

Maybe. From what I understand, part of the reason Benioff and Weiss got the job was that they correctly guessed Jon's true parentage when they first met with GRRM. I see no reason why they would've changed that for the show. If that's the case either Griff is a third Targaryen or a false claimant, neither of which the story really needed at this point with an already sprawling, geographically vast narrative.

I care, because he's Aegon. Cutting the Young Griff out of the show is what I believe caused them to make Jon into Aegon. I don't think he is Aegon in the books, and he may not even be Lyanna's child. The Young Griff storyline plays into Jon's story and how it differs from the show, so I'm interested to see where it goes.

cmad1977

Hero
I love how the wildling spend their lives desperate to get south where they can survive in less than arctic conditions... then after sacrificing so much to get there and with more than enough space for their people to survive, coupled with the depopulation of the north(via the walkers), they just bounce.

The writing this season is so abysmally bad that the show has gone from something I recommend people watch if they haven’t to a show I tell people not to bother with if they haven’t seen it.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
I love how the wildling spend their lives desperate to get south where they can survive in less than arctic conditions... then after sacrificing so much to get there and with more than enough space for their people to survive, coupled with the depopulation of the north(via the walkers), they just bounce.

The writing this season is so abysmally bad that the show has gone from something I recommend people watch if they haven’t to a show I tell people not to bother with if they haven’t seen it.

To be fair they seemed okay with the arctic conditions, it was mostly to escape an army of the dead.

I can totally see wanting to go back to your homeland and away from people who have hated you for centuries, once there aren't hordes of things trying to kill you.

I also think in the books Jon is a Targaryen. It kind of sucks the surprise from that story sure, but with Ned always remembering the "Promise me" words of his sister, there is no doubt something is there. The Aegon in the books has yet to be proven true or false.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Yeah, the only reason the wildlings were coming south was the undead menace. They've adapted to the environment quite well. Their resentment for the wall came mostly from being treated like savages for things that happened a long long time ago (nevermind the Thenn's).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases