GAME OF THRONES SEASON 8--Final Run-- Part 6---THE END

The North decides to be its own kingdom.

Yara: Wait, that's a f***ing option? We tried seceding thirty years ago and y'all flipped out and took my brother as a hostage.

Number of faces worn by Arya? Zero.

Number of political schemes enacted by Sansa: maaaybe one if "telling Tyrion the truth" counts as a scheme.

Number of useful things Bran learned with his visions: maaaybe one, if "the Night King wants to kill me, not that he doesn't want to kill everyone else too" counts as useful.

Let's see . . . who should be King?

Bran: How about me? I've got a good personal story.

Tyrion: Look, you wee sh**, you can see the future, knew Daenerys was going to burn thousands of innocents, and didn't say a thing. You're practically an accomplice! You're the last person I'd ever trust. I regret ever giving you that saddle, you ingrate!

Zardnaar

Legend
Nah. It was better than Dexter, How I Met Your Mother, and Lost. Not sure about Seinfeld. Not good, but better than those.

Yeah it ended a bit better than I thought. Elective monarchy makes a lot of sense, Jon got a happy ending of sorts. Sansa as Queen of the North makes sense.

Overall execution of the season though. Bran is the Prince that was promised? Drogon also survived. I also liked Jon's ending. F this Ima off with Tormond and mah doggie.

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
I think AeJon might have been the Prince That Was Promised. He certainly seems to re-enact a version of Azhor Ahai and Lightbringer - stabs his girlfriend, who turns out to have designs similar to the Night King, and gets a "burning sword" in the Iron Throne. He is born of the line said belong to the Prince Who Was Promised, and his parents literally represent fire and ice. He was ever born amidst smoke and salt after a fashion, the tears of his uncle and mother as she died and then had to hide who he was, obfuscation.

pukunui

Legend
Well, I found that ending satisfactory. The Starks won the game after all!

Brandon Stark is now king of the Six Kingdoms, while Sansa Stark is queen of the North. Meanwhile, Arya Stark is set to displace Barbie as queen of the waves, and Jon looks like he may just end up king beyond the Wall. That was *almost* a smile on his face when he looked at all the wildlings around him.

Oh, and the very best part? Ghost finally got his cuddle! Who's a good boy den?!

And to think those two get to work on Star Wars next.

I am not looking forward to it.
I reckon their version of Star Wars won't be any worse than anyone else's.

There is a petition to get season 8 remade with competent writes ...
Doesn't matter how many signatures it gets. Never gonna happen.

The North decides to be its own kingdom.

Yara: Wait, that's a f***ing option? We tried seceding thirty years ago and y'all flipped out and took my brother as a hostage.
I reckon Yara knew better than to protest since the people in charge now are the ones who took her brother as a hostage in the first place.

Zardnaar

Legend
D&D might turn in a good Star Wars. It's a lot shorter but they might need different writers.

D&D direct, Dave Filoni produces, Drew Kapeshyn writes.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
The running theme throughout the final season was the distinctive lack of continuity. Things that happened in previous episodes had very little bearing on the following episode/s.

The Red Keep falls on Jaime and Cersei in the previous episode, and in the final we discover it was just a couple of well-placed bricks that hit them. If they'd moved 5 steps to the left they'd have been fine. Arya rides away from the direction of the Red Keep in the previous episode, but then this episode begins there, with her there. Where was she riding to? From a writing viewpoint, what was the point of the horse? The season is full of continuity blunders large and small. The end of the Dothraki, nope here they are. The power of the scorpions, gone. Jaime decides to stay north, nope going south.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases