D&D 5E The Final Announcement from The Descent Live Stream: Eberron Hardcover

The final announcement at the end of The Descent stream is a hardcover book for the Eberron setting!

The final announcement at the end of The Descent stream is a hardcover book for the Eberron setting!
No details have been announced, but Nathan Stewart closed out the live stream event for The Descent by proclaiming the final book out this year would be a hardcover setting book for Eberron.

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

NiClerigo

Adventurer
Based on the following information, I wonder if the new book will be an adventure set in Eberron, with the Wayfinder’s Guide providing the world lore and rules on races and classes -I’d love that, preventing duplication and giving us an Eberron adventure:
”We still need more Dungeon Masters!

I’d like to formally invite you to become part of our stable of D&D Adventurers League Dungeon Masters for Gamehole Con VII, October 31st – November 3rd, 2019, Madison, Wisconsin...

If you’re interested in volunteering, please fill out the survey here to join our mailing list: http://eepurl.com/gkv3Ar

This year, Gamehole Con will feature the following premiere D&D Adventurers League content:
• A Liar’s Night Masquerade (Halloween) EPIC written by Elisa Teague and Lysa Chen.
• The premiere of a new AL campaign set in Eberron, including its first Epic event.

http://eepurl.com/gkv3Ar” (emphasis added)

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Based on the following information, I wonder if the new book will be an adventure set in Eberron, with the Wayfinder’s Guide providing the world lore and rules on races and classes -I’d love that, preventing duplication and giving us an Eberron adventure:
”We still need more Dungeon Masters!

I’d like to formally invite you to become part of our stable of D&D Adventurers League Dungeon Masters for Gamehole Con VII, October 31st – November 3rd, 2019, Madison, Wisconsin...

If you’re interested in volunteering, please fill out the survey here to join our mailing list: http://eepurl.com/gkv3Ar

This year, Gamehole Con will feature the following premiere D&D Adventurers League content:
• A Liar’s Night Masquerade (Halloween) EPIC written by Elisa Teague and Lysa Chen.
• The premiere of a new AL campaign set in Eberron, including its first Epic event.

http://eepurl.com/gkv3Ar” (emphasis added)

Possibly, though I would lean towards "no." There is too much crunch such as monster stat blocks, still needed for Eberron (so many monsters). Also, that would mean they released three big adventure products in the same year, which is extremely unlikely. I am betting this will resemble Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica, with maybe some adventure material. Eberron is already open on the DMsGuild, and I am sure the AL writers have lots to work with to sell on there.

NiClerigo

Adventurer
Possibly, though I would lean towards "no." There is too much crunch such as monster stat blocks, still needed for Eberron (so many monsters). Also, that would mean they released three big adventure products in the same year, which is extremely unlikely. I am betting this will resemble Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica, with maybe some adventure material. Eberron is already open on the DMsGuild, and I am sure the AL writers have lots to work with to sell on there.
I think you are right. I forgot about the monsters, and they have said that they would follow the Ravnica path if if was successful. The new AL adventure will likely be sold at the DMsG, as you say

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I think you are right. I forgot about the monsters, and they have said that they would follow the Ravnica path if if was successful. The new AL adventure will likely be sold at the DMsG, as you say

It just struck me, though, that this is part of their strategy: they freed up Eberron on the DMsGuild in July 2018, release a big splashy book in bookstores in November 2019, and point to the extra resources that the community built up on the DMsGuild over 17 months, especially from Baker himself. That's an advantage Ravnica did not have, and makes me wonder if we might see another similar playtest setting soon...

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
It just struck me, though, that this is part of their strategy: they freed up Eberron on the DMsGuild in July 2018, release a big splashy book in bookstores in November 2019, and point to the extra resources that the community built up on the DMsGuild over 17 months, especially from Baker himself. That's an advantage Ravnica did not have, and makes me wonder if we might see another similar playtest setting soon...

I'm kinda expecting Dark Sun to be next. That would be a great oppurtunity to reintroduce the psion, and it's one on the more popular non-FR settings (though I'm not a fan, personally).

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I'm kinda expecting Dark Sun to be next. That would be a great oppurtunity to reintroduce the psion, and it's one on the more popular non-FR settings (though I'm not a fan, personally).

After Eberron, it's also the other "Crunch" heavy setting that plays by different rules, as noted by Mearls back when they did the Settings survey. Mearls did some heavy conceptual lifting on the PSion last year. At one point not only confirmed that a Psion Class would be primarily about Dark Sun, but listed out everything else Dark Sun would need, in detail, like he had a playtest already going.

Remove ads

Remove ads