The Final Announcement from The Descent Live Stream: Eberron Hardcover - Page 3
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

Quote Originally Posted by Abstruse View Post
    ...they did a karaoke cover song of ACDC's "TNT" but changed the lyrics to "DND"...I don't want to disparage the musical talents of the people who performed it, but the end result was not as witty as you might thing it is from just the description...
    Like last year, the musical bits were strange--careening between impressive and embarrassing, often within the same performance.

Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)

Quote Originally Posted by Prakriti View Post
    Welp. I officially don't know what they're doing anymore, and I don't think they do either. Everything made sense through 2017 or so, but since then it's been one wrong turn after another.
    People have been asking for this since 2014. Eberron is one of the most popular settings, and they finally bailed down how to do setting books last year with Ravnica.
    XP doctorbadwolf, MNblockhead, Darth Palpy gave XP for this post

A 1e title so awesome it's not in the book (Lvl 21)

Quote Originally Posted by Prakriti View Post
    Welp. I officially don't know what they're doing anymore, and I don't think they do either. Everything made sense through 2017 or so, but since then it's been one wrong turn after another.
    Kinda like the *other* D&D, am I right?
    XP vhm74 gave XP for this post
    Laugh Parmandur, Prakriti, jayoungr laughed with this post

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Quote Originally Posted by Loren the GM View Post
    From the Twitch Chat, it sounds like it will be a different book than Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron.
    If I had to lay a bet, I'd say different but not All New, All Different. It'll have new material and expanded material but won't throw out anything. The rules bits like races and magic items and Dragonmarks as substitute subraces will carry over. The setting bits will be expanded from the rather brief current entries. Add in the Artificer once it's done, add some new art and maps, add a Monsters and NPCs section. Bam, that's probably 90% of your hardcover right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurotowa View Post
    If I had to lay a bet, I'd say different but not All New, All Different. It'll have new material and expanded material but won't throw out anything. The rules bits like races and magic items and Dragonmarks as substitute subraces will carry over. The setting bits will be expanded from the rather brief current entries. Add in the Artificer once it's done, add some new art and maps, add a Monsters and NPCs section. Bam, that's probably 90% of your hardcover right there.
    Mearls laid out what they would do early on: reuse the crunch, all different fluff, so it is not a repeat purchase.

Not what I wanted, but acceptable.

Wonder if my old prediction is right, that they're mainly gonna do setting books when they can put a class into it (assuming The Artificer is in this book). They just have to release a Dark Sun book with the Psion and I will be right.

Hopefully it will add some extra player stuff than just the Artificer and the races, like a few new subclasses or maybe some new fighting styles (long shot, but I can hope.). Hopefully they also have some more monsters, cause I wanna fight some Daeklyr.
    XP Parmandur gave XP for this post

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingChihuahua View Post
    Not what I wanted, but acceptable.

Wonder if my old prediction is right, that they're mainly gonna do setting books when they can put a class into it (assuming The Artificer is in this book). They just have to release a Dark Sun book with the Psion and I will be right.

Hopefully it will add some extra player stuff than just the Artificer and the races, like a few new subclasses or maybe some new fighting styles (long shot, but I can hope.). Hopefully they also have some more monsters, cause I wanna fight some Daeklyr.
    Ravnica didn't have a new Class, though I would expect a Psion in Dark Sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Parmandur View Post
    Ravnica didn't have a new Class, though I would expect a Psion in Dark Sun.
    Well Ravnica didn't really have D&D stuff highly associated with it, considering it's a MtG setting, but fair enough.

Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

Looking forward to this.
    XP Parmandur gave XP for this post

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Meh