D&D 5E The Final Announcement from The Descent Live Stream: Eberron Hardcover

The final announcement at the end of The Descent stream is a hardcover book for the Eberron setting!
No details have been announced, but Nathan Stewart closed out the live stream event for The Descent by proclaiming the final book out this year would be a hardcover setting book for Eberron.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

a.everett1287

Explorer
Welp. I officially don't know what they're doing anymore, and I don't think they do either. Everything made sense through 2017 or so, but since then it's been one wrong turn after another. :erm:
Huh?
Hasn't this been fairly frequently requested?

Are you sure you know what you're talking about at all, or are you just wanting to hear your head roar?

Exactly what I was expecting, otherwise it would have been over 2 and a half year wait from Wayfinder’s to a full hardcover version. Seemed really unlikely they would do another classic setting first.

Now, if they make it a regular cycle and this summer have a Planescape PDF and open it up on DMsGuild, that would be wonderful!

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Exactly what I was expecting, otherwise it would have been over 2 and a half year wait from Wayfinder’s to a full hardcover version. Seemed really unlikely they would do another classic setting first.

Now, if they make it a regular cycle now and this summer have a Planescape PDF and open it up on DMsGuild, that would be wonderful!

I wouldn't be surprised if they did a Dark Sun playtest with a Psion.

WotC doesn't broadcast their intentions at best and is willing to wholesale mislead their fans at worst.

Um, what? Releasing a mini version of the setting last year that they even said was the precursor of a hardcover, having Adventure League games based in the setting, and in just the past few months multiple playtest versions of a class deeply tied to the setting isn’t really blatantly broadcasting their intentions? I’m not sure any way to be more obvious until they actually announced the product!

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
Well. I was really hoping for Planescape/Spelljammer
They told us months ago that it wouldn't be Spelljammer. Alas.

Also: I was happy about this until I checked out the thread. I won't lie--the negativity here is bringing me down somewhat. I'm sure I'll recover, but reading this thread wasn't good for me.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did a Dark Sun playtest with a Psion.

Yep, I fully expect that to happen as well, just don’t know when. I’m hoping next year (because I *really* want Planescape this year). With how slow they want to be in expanding the crunch, I’d say slightly better odds that they would wait until after Artificer is fully released and see how things with that go before getting more serious with Psion. But I have no idea. I enjoy Dark Sun, too, so I’d be happy with that. But who knows? (Outside of WorC, of course!)

a.everett1287

Explorer
They told us months ago that it wouldn't be Spelljammer. Alas.

Also: I was happy about this until I checked out the thread. I won't lie--the negativity here is bringing me down somewhat. I'm sure I'll recover, but reading this thread wasn't good for me.

Never use these discussions HERE as barometers of quality. Especially here.

I'd also like to know what about Eberron seems to throw some people into these sort of passive-aggressive (or straight aggressive) fits. It's a pretty cool setting.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases