Survivor Magic Jewelry (PART II)- SCARAB OF PROTECTION WINS!

I won't speak for everyone, but for me? It doesn't just increase a number on my character sheet. It does something that is very hard to do otherwise. If you have one of these items, there is a very good reason--and probably a very good story--behind it.

"Today, we descend into the heart of Burning Mountain to face the great dragon known as Moltenwing. These necklaces will allow us to breathe the suffocating, oxygen-less atmosphere within the lair of the beast!" *cheers*

"Today, we descend into the heart of Burning Mountain to face the great dragon known as Moltenwing. This rock will increase our Proficiency bonus by one point." *sad trombone*

I'm a fan of the Necklace of Adaptation as well.

In one of our campaigns, there's a good amount of adventure to be had in ports, rivers, bays, and the sea. The NoA has allowed the half-orc paladin of the group to just jump in the water to fend off sharks, eelfolk, and even a sea dragon, among other aquatic baddies. Oh, and I hear there is a new book out with some kind of nautical theme, too, where this item could come in handy...

Yardiff

Adventurer
Ioun Stone 7+1=8
Necklace of Adaptation 21-2=19
Necklace of Prayer Beads 14
Pearl of Power 16
Periapt of Health 13
Scarab of Protection 17

Adamant

Explorer
Ioun Stone 8
Necklace of Adaptation 19+1=20
Pearl of Power 16
Periapt of Health 13-2=11
Scarab of Protection 17

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/they)
Ioun Stone 6
Necklace of Adaptation 21
Pearl of Power 16
Periapt of Health 11
Scarab of Protection 17

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
From Rhialto the Marvellous by Jack Vance (c) 1984, Part 3, Section 9:

"A quick question before you go," spoke Gilgad. "Where does one find IOUN stones?"

Morreion looked at him without comprehension. At last he gave his attention to the stones, which swirled with a swifter motion. In comparison, those of the archevault Xexamedes were listless and dull. These danced and curveted, and sparkled with different colours. Closest to Morreion's head moved the lavender and the pale green stones, as if they thought themselves the most loved and most privileged. Somewhat more wayward were the stones glowing pink and green together: then came stones of a pure proud pink, then the royal carmine stones, then the red and blue; and finally, at the outer periphery, a number of stones glittering with intense blue lights...

Morreion gave a slow thoughtful nod. "Curious! So much which I seem to have forgotten..."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases