Game of Thrones Spin-offs: News & Speculation

Mercurius

Legend
I haven't followed this closely, but as far as I can tell what we do know is that there are three planned, and one--"Bloodmoon"--is based in the distant past during the Age of Heroes and may feature Bran the Builder and the Night King, and has Naomi Watts in it. Presumably we'll get lots of Children of the Forest and giants action, and maybe other mythological creatures.

The rest is speculation...

I suppose a Robert's Rebellion mini-series makes sense, presumably with all new actors, but this would not be my preference and I for one would rather see them do something that we know less about.

I really hope that at least one of the series is set after GoT. The obviously choice is "Arya Goes West," assuming Maisie Williams wants to do it. Evidently Kit Harington is done, but a "Deep North" series would be interesting. Or about about Drogon? Etc.

What say you? What do you think they've got in the works and what do you want?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
No zombies, please! Don’t mind a deep history series, but the zombies were always the part of GoT I was least interested in. Walking Dead is tedious enough!

Arya in her own on a brand new continent could be fun, though that’s a totally new show basically, with just the one character to link it to the rest.

Zardnaar

Legend
The ones that make the most sense.

1. Ancient past, Bran the Builder etc.

2. Arya goes west. Finds Dragoneggs perhaps, Drogon is still out there .

3. Roberts rebellion. Maybe to close to the current show.

4. Targaryen invasion of Westeros. 300 years ago but we already know the results.

Kaodi

Hero
I do not really want to see a rehash of the white walkers. Making the white walkers more competent in that show would just make The Long Night seem that much weirder. I would rather see a series set in the unexamined regions of Essos, maybe with Drogon appearing periodically as a force of nature, or with Arya in Westeresteros. I mean, people complained that Game of Thrones was too white people heavy. They could fix that and build on the world and its popularity in a subsequent series.

C

Catacombs

2. Arya goes west. Finds Dragoneggs perhaps, Drogon is still out there .

I'd love an expansion on Arya's connection to the Faceless Men. That was my favorite arch while it was happening.[/quote]

3. Roberts rebellion. Maybe to close to the current show.

I'd be down for this. A lot of the show and books have roots in Robert's Rebellion, and we'd see some actors -- Sean Bean, for one -- return.

Zardnaar

Legend
I doubt we would see Sean Bean. He is 30 odd years to old for staring in Roberts rebellion.

Recasting popular actors is difficult.

CapnZapp

Legend
I don't see the point of "a thousand years ago" or "Arya goes west".

The point of a Westeros series surely lies in it being set in the Westeros we recognize?

Otherwise it's just generic fantasy series #71 with the GoT label slapped onto it.

Zardnaar

Legend
It's a big world, the south is mostly unknown, not much about Valeria is known, Asshai is potentially interesting.

My sister in law has the world atlas. Execution would be everything.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases