Game of Thrones Spin-offs: News & Speculation

With D&D being busy with Star Wars there is a chance that they get good writers instead.
It wouldn't surprise me if internally those two will be blacklisted by HBO.

I'm pretty sure you are incorrect. HBO is unlikely to share our sentiments about those two. Game of Thrones was HBO's pride and joy for years. It was pretty much the only reason to have an HBO subscription. D&D's writing may have gone downhill as they surpassed the books, but their efforts to adapt the books into a succesful tv show will not be ignored by HBO. All D&D have to do is tell HBO they want to make a new show, and HBO's response would be "How many piles of cash do you need?"

Derren

Hero
I'm pretty sure you are incorrect. HBO is unlikely to share our sentiments about those two. Game of Thrones was HBO's pride and joy for years. It was pretty much the only reason to have an HBO subscription. D&D's writing may have gone downhill as they surpassed the books, but their efforts to adapt the books into a succesful tv show will not be ignored by HBO. All D&D have to do is tell HBO they want to make a new show, and HBO's response would be "How many piles of cash do you need?"

I am not so sure about that.
HBO wanted D&D to make more episodes and even more seasons (it is their cash cow after all), only to be told by them they don't need/want it. And then they delivered something that disappointed fans, damaging the brand, and is especially criticized for being too rushed and that there should have been more episode.
I don't think that HBO is all that happy about how D&D handled the last season.

Mercurius

Legend
[MENTION=12731]CapnZapp[/MENTION], good thoughts but I'd go further and say in an ideal world we'd get a Malazan series, or a proper attempt at Earthsea, or something else entirely. But you know how the biz works: you leverage a brand that works, and HBO is going to try to make as much money as possible off "Game of Thrones" as they can...and GRRM will laugh all the way to the bank, even if it veers further and further from his original vision.

I am not so sure about that.
HBO wanted D&D to make more episodes and even more seasons (it is their cash cow after all), only to be told by them they don't need/want it. And then they delivered something that disappointed fans, damaging the brand, and is especially criticized for being too rushed and that there should have been more episode.
I don't think that HBO is all that happy about how D&D handled the last season.

I doubt D&D's contribution to HBO will be judged based on just the last season. They have had so much success with this show, that I don't think they care that the last season under performs. I think they are mostly happy that the show ran so long and pulled in so much revenue for them.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases