D&D 5E Mike Mearls interview re: Ghosts of Saltmarsh

Staffan

Legend
I agree with [MENTION=6799753]lowkey13[/MENTION] about spreading the books. I use a 33 inch 8 pocket luggage to haul my stuff. Another "core" book and I going have just start carry the basics of what I running that night.

That's what made me go for D&D Beyond.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Also, keep in mind that the ship rules are NOT spread out. You have the basic rules needed to run nautical adventures in the PHB and DMG. The rules in the appendix of Saltmarsh are extra, expanded rules. Just like all the downtime, racial feats, and tool proficiency, etc. rules in Xanathars are some extra crunch for those who want it. You can still play D&D just fine with the PHB & DMG.

Personally, I get more upset by trying to work in errata. But because of D&D Beyond, I always have the most up to date, corrected, rules content. I don't have to buy multiple printings of the same book.

gyor

Legend
Ok, It sounds like chapter 1 fluff and Saltmarsh city information. Hopefully more info than what Waterdeep Heist gave us. Chapter 2-8 adventures. Appendix A the Ship rules. Appendix b magic items Appendix C. Monsters.
Hopefully they take a page from Waterdeep heist "Volo’s Waterdeep Enchiridion ". And just sell the Ship rules on DM's Guild.

This is a great idea, I might buy a PDF of that. Of course I already have ship rules from Stronghold and Followers.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases