Completely Blank Posts?

Nagol

Unimportant
Oh yeah, in case anyone gets any bright ideas: anyone caught abusing the report button while this bug is roaming free WILL be dealt with.

I can see both advantage and disadvantages to my suggestion, but perhaps putting up one of those yellow alert everyone gets may be appropriate to both warn people about the problem and the repercussions of abusing it?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
No glitch.

If you are not meaning by "glitch" that our mod squad man shoots stuff down.

He no like, he censor.

It's the glitch for you.

Nope. Perhaps in other places on the internet, that'd be a reasonable assumption, but not so much here. That's not how our moderation staff, or I, or the board software works.

We rarely edit posts - generally only to add a note or to cut out a bit that is in flagrant violation of The Rules. If something you've written gets official moderation attention, you will generally leave a post in the thread (usually in red text or orange text), or issue a warning or infraction (which you'd see in your private messages) informing you that you've gone over a line, so that you can adjust your approach.

Next time, if you have an issue with a mod, you might want to try talking to us, rather than making accusations. Around here, we prefer trying to work things out, rather than butting heads. Not that we promise to always let you have your way, or agree that what you've said is allowable, but we are generally willing to at least talk things through.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/they)
I liked it better when that post was erased, personally.

BTW I did report that post again before reading this thread. It doesn't appear to have been blanked out this time.

Edit: By again I did not mean to imply that I reported the post in the first place; I did not.

Last edited:

acpitz 1

Banned
Banned
No, we can’t turn those notifications off, AFAIK.

9KozRJi.png

acpitz 1

Banned
Banned
Nope. Perhaps in other places on the internet, that'd be a reasonable assumption, but not so much here. That's not how our moderation staff, or I, or the board software works.

We rarely edit posts - generally only to add a note or to cut out a bit that is in flagrant violation of The Rules. If something you've written gets official moderation attention, you will generally leave a post in the thread (usually in red text or orange text), or issue a warning or infraction (which you'd see in your private messages) informing you that you've gone over a line, so that you can adjust your approach.

Next time, if you have an issue with a mod, you might want to try talking to us, rather than making accusations. Around here, we prefer trying to work things out, rather than butting heads. Not that we promise to always let you have your way, or agree that what you've said is allowable, but we are generally willing to at least talk things through.

I stand corrected!

It's just very very suspicious when posts just disappear like that when it's possible to edit them with out any trace ...

My bad for pointing finger to the sky!

acpitz 1

Banned
Banned
What is this about, [MENTION=6994407]acpitz 1[/MENTION]? You appear to be a new member who has decided to start insulting us. Something up?

As I said in reply to [MENTION=177]Umbran[/MENTION]

I stand corrected. But in these times of shadow banning is a norm it's just very suspicious that posts disappear like that.

Gradine

Huh, this time reporting did blank out the post.

Any ETA on when this will be fixed? As nice as it is to have the power to erase literal garbage transphobia (but I repeat myself) off the internet I don't want to be seen as blatantly abusing anything. Is there alternative method I can use to report posts in the mean time? Because I'm not going to just let that nonsense fly.

Last edited:

Sacrosanct

Legend
I just wanted to say Kudos to Danny. The fact that they did the extra research and being proactive to find root causes rather than just go through the motions shows it was a good choice to make them a mod.

Gradine

I agree. I especially appreciate the work that our mods to make this site inclusive and safe.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases