2019 WotC D&D Releases

Retreater

Legend
Do they watch the show? The audience for the show is highly likely to be interested in buying this, and they have a significant viewership.

I know I'm only one guy, but I'm one guy who plays in five groups. None of my groups have ever heard of this ... show? (Some of them watch Critical Role, if it's like that.)

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I believe you are missing the lightly regarded June release of the Aquisitions Incorporated book. I cant for the life of me understand who would buy the book based on the information I have seen. But I guess you never know.

I preordered it as soon as I heard about it.

Funny. I read your reply and at first I thought you were making my point . Sounds horrible to me.

You might be correct but I play in a couple dnd groups and no one is interested in this at all. Most are upset a product release is wasted on something so niche.
They have made pains to point out that no regular release spot was used for this book. It was going to be published independently, and WotC volunteered to do it for them instead.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I know I'm only one guy, but I'm one guy who plays in five groups. None of my groups have ever heard of this ... show? (Some of them watch Critical Role, if it's like that.)

It's like that, yes. It is the game that Chris Perkins ran for years with the Penny Arcade guys and Patrick Rothfuss, before Jeremy Crawford took over as DM. Kate Welch is in the "C Team" spin-off that Mike from Penny Arcade runs.

I'm not certain how the viewership compares with Critical Role for certain, but it is comparable.

I don't watch the show, but it is certainly one of the biggest things in the RPG world.

Jer

Legend
Supporter

Keep in mind we live in the WORLD OF THE FUTURE where there is far more entertainment content available for free or insanely cheap than anyone could ever hope to watch/read/listen to in their lifetimes. And shows - especially actual play podcasts and streams that can be produced cheaply - can be "profitable enough" these days with a few hundred thousand listeners (or far less, depending on how the creators define "profitable enough" and how supportive with their dollars the fans are).

I don't follow Acquisitions Inc. myself, but it's the show that started its life as a D&D actual play that Chris Perkins DMed and the Penny Arcade guys and Scott Kurtz of PvP were players in. It's spun off to its own thing since then - I think one of the Penny Arcade guys is now the DM maybe? Anyway it's apparently pretty big on Twitch I've been told (by folks who are much younger and "hipper" than my old self).

ETA: Or what [MENTION=6780330]Parmandur[/MENTION] said.

Psyzhran2357

First Post
I don't watch the show, but I'll be buying the AI book just for the new race and the expanded party roles. The company management rules are something I'll assess when I reach that bridge.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases