D&D 4E How To Clone 4E Using 5E Rules

Zardnaar

Legend
Why would you want to do this? The point of 5e is that it's not 4e.

But hey, if this project keeps you busy enough so you don't rant about Star Wars, go for it. :)

I like theory crafting, I'm not doing the work my pet us more advanced b/x using 5E rules and microfeats.

Last edited:

Aldarc

Legend
Why would you want to do this? The point of 5e is that it's not 4e.
His intent was clear. 4e has a more restricted license for developing potential content whereas 5e does not. So if one wants to expand content for something more 4e like (or an evolution thereof), then 5e would potentially serve as a better chassis due to its less restricted license. So how would one do that. If you wouldn't, then that's fine.
[MENTION=6716779]Zardnaar[/MENTION], I would also look at the d20 3.X license as well, especially given how 13th Age was developed.

Stalker0

Legend
An area that I think is worth exploring is 5e players against 4e monster design. I still consider that the best part of 4e, and would love to see the 4e monsters get some 5e stats but keeping with a lot of the 4e abilities they had. Though....I would stick with the 5e names, some of those 4e descriptions were a bit hokey:)

Xeviat

Hero
Converting the spell casters into Encounter/Daily wouldn't be too hard. I'd vote to "start" the game at 3rd level, and offer levels 1 and 2 as apprentice levels. When you first get a spell level, it is a daily spell, and then you alternate converting them to encounters so you end with 1st as at-will, 2-5 as encounter, and 6-9 as daily. Utilities are kind of replaced by class abilities in 5E, but you could go either way.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases