Godzilla: King of the Monsters - Knock You Out Final Trailer

I'm liking the monster to human perspective ratio

So last movie had 3 monsters. How many do u want in this one?

Director: Yes

[video=youtube;JC-DOCbdbmw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC-DOCbdbmw[/video]

I don't view the site on mobile so yeah, and why is there an embed button allowing videos to be posted directly into a post?

Zardnaar

Legend
I liked the last Godzilla movies and some of the old Japanese ones I watched circa 1991/2. IDK if I'll go to the movies but would watch on Netflix or Amazon.

Kaodi

Hero
Yeah, I am not gonna be seeing this in theatre as I already have Detective Pikachu, Spider-Man, and Toy Story upcoming, but I definitely hope it is as good as the trailers looks and I will be looking forward to seeing it on TV later in the year.

Richards

Legend
I'm definitely hitting this one when it comes out. I've been a Godzilla fan since way back when and this looks to have finally reached the monsters-fighting level I've always hoped for. While I enjoyed the previous one and they did a decent job of making the human backstory entertaining, there was still too much human stuff and not enough Godzilla fighting the MUTOs. This one looks to have plenty of monster combat, which was always the appeal for me as a kid.

And the next one after this is supposed to be Godzilla vs. Kong. I'm afraid that may look rather tame after this all-out battle.

Johnathan

MarkB

Legend
And the next one after this is supposed to be Godzilla vs. Kong. I'm afraid that may look rather tame after this all-out battle.

They'll probably do a Batman vs Superman, and sub in a bigger, badder threat at the end for them to tag-team.

Richards

Legend
I went to see Godzilla: King of the Monsters this morning with my two (grown) sons and we all enjoyed it. It was better than the previous movie (which we also enjoyed), with a better story going on with the humans that the viewers generally don't care about as much as the fighting monsters. They did an excellent job with the monsters for the most part, with Godzilla and Ghidorah being especially well done. Rodan was pretty good as well, although they added a "fire demon" aspect somewhat reminiscent of the Fire Rodan version from the 1993 Godzilla vs. Mecha-Godzilla II. It was Mothra that felt the least like the original version; while the larval form was okay, the moth form had a much smaller head than I'm used to and her legs were much, much larger than in her previous appearances. I guess I'm just not used to Mothra being a competent fighter; in the past she's pretty much relied upon the wind (and "poison flakes") from her wings as her main combat maneuvers.

I didn't think they'd add Mothra's 6-inch telepathic fairies in this American version (and I was right), but they did a nice call-out to them in a photo of the family of one of the Japanese scientists, a third-generation member of Monarch, the group dedicated to the study of the "titans." That was a nice touch. And they used the Mothra song several times during the movie when Mothra showed up, which I greatly enjoyed.

I'm intrigued now to see Godzilla vs. Kong, because I highly doubt they'll be the only two monsters in that movie.

Overall, a worthy entry to the kaiju movie list. (Oh, and stay through the credits - there's a post-credits scene that will likely play into future movies.)

Johnathan

ccs

41st lv DM
The monster fights were OK.
Most of the movie is shot in assorted dark conditions. (my buddy joked it was easier to cover up bad CGI - apparently he wasn't impressed.)
Sadly, once again, nowhere near enough of the stupid humans present get killed off.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases