Ye Come Back Inn
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Novice (Lvl 1)

Ye Come Back Inn

I'm looking for "Ye Come Back Inn". I think it was a Judges Guild thing, but not 100% sure. Can Anyone help?
    Thx!

Adventures in Blackmoor features the Comeback Inn; an inn that ends up crossing dimensions and time through a series of adventures.

Novice (Lvl 1)

Nagol - I checked that module and that's not it. This Inn is a money trap. Basically, when you check-out & try to leave, you find you are walking in as you are walking out. Same thing with windows. Only when you pay your ransom, will you be helped out of the place. Thank you much for your reply, though...
    XP Shiroiken gave XP for this post

That sounds like a variation of the inn in the adventure. The first incarnation the PCs run into can't be exited. The last incarnation has employees that can let guests out, but no ransom is demanded.
    XP skiiip gave XP for this post

Novice (Lvl 1)

Nagol - OK - I will check further! Thank you!

Time Agent (Lvl 24)

This is really weird - just earlier tonight at our game session I was telling people about the Comeback Inn and also couldn't remember where I'd seen it. Another player talked about the Welcome Inn, which he and I both kind of remembered being in the Blackmoor part of Oerth (same world as Greyhawk's on) and as being a planar nexus of some kind; that might be what @Nagol is referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanefan View Post
    This is really weird - just earlier tonight at our game session I was telling people about the Comeback Inn and also couldn't remember where I'd seen it. Another player talked about the Welcome Inn, which he and I both kind of remembered being in the Blackmoor part of Oerth (same world as Greyhawk's on) and as being a planar nexus of some kind; that might be what @Nagol is referring to.
    Adventures in Blackmoor is D&D Expert module DA1 (Dave Arneson 1) and is set in Mystara / Arneson's Blackmoor (assigned as Mystara 3,000 years ago) as opposed to Greyhawk's homage location. The mostly indestructible inn contains both a temporal and dimensional gate though the PCs only experience the temporal aspect first hand, dangerous planar critters leak through demonstrating the other. The entire adventure takes place inside different incarnations of the inn -- at least 3 and more likely 6-8. There are 3 distinct versions and one version you can end up visiting in the recent future/past a few times.

Superhero (Lvl 15)

Where is The Dew Drop Inn from? A country song?

Novice (Lvl 1)

Charlie Daniels Band - Uneasy Rider
    XP aco175 gave XP for this post

Time Agent (Lvl 24)

Quote Originally Posted by Nagol View Post
    Adventures in Blackmoor is D&D Expert module DA1 (Dave Arneson 1) and is set in Mystara / Arneson's Blackmoor (assigned as Mystara 3,000 years ago) as opposed to Greyhawk's homage location. The mostly indestructible inn contains both a temporal and dimensional gate though the PCs only experience the temporal aspect first hand, dangerous planar critters leak through demonstrating the other. The entire adventure takes place inside different incarnations of the inn -- at least 3 and more likely 6-8. There are 3 distinct versions and one version you can end up visiting in the recent future/past a few times.
    So does that mean in effect that the Welcome Inn and the Comeback Inn are the same thing/place?

That doesn't jive with my memory, but that says nothing as my memory is far from perfect...