Do You Want 9 New D&D Classes?

Beast-tamers, gunfighters, tinkerers, savants, and more! These new classes expand your 5th Edition game in exciting new ways! Coming to Kickstarter soon! In 2017 we produced A TOUCH OF CLASS, a softcover book containing seven new classes for your 5th Edition game. It was incredibly popular, with nearly 2,500 backers. Now we're bringing you the sequel: nine new player classes in A TOUCH MORE CLASS. Here's how you get notified of the launch!

atmc-banner.png

We'll be launching in about a month, and we'll have early bird rewards, If you want us to email you and tell you when we launch, click here and give us your email address! We won't use it for anything else.

Not only that, but we're also revising the original A TOUCH OF CLASS. You can get that revised edition through this Kickstarter too (backers of the previous Kickstarter will get the revised PDF for free).

A TOUCH OF CLASS: Alchemist, Cardcaster, Diabolist, Feywalker, Morph, Noble, Occultist.

A TOUCH MORE CLASS: Bloodweaver, Fatebender, Gemini, Geomancer, Gunfighter, Lodestar, Monster Tamer, Savant, Tinkerer.

You can get either or both books from this Kickstarter.

bloodw.pngalche.png
gemini.pngcardc.png
gunf.pngdiablo.png
savant.pngfeywa.png
tinker.pngmorph.png
fate.pngnoble.png
geomanc.pngoccul.png
lodes.pngtamer.png

I said it and I say it again:

The keys to design a new class are:

- Right balance of power, of course.

- Fun gameplay. Class features have to be interesting, useful and not too complicate. A bad example is the psychic enervation by the psionic wilder class.

- Interesting concept. Each class is like a mark of identity, as clothes by urban tribes or Halloween costumes. A class isn't only a list of superpowers but it has to be its own source of inspiration of new stories. A bad example of this are the incarnate and the soulborn from "Magic Incarnum", practically paladin clones with soulmeld powers. At least the lurker from "the complete psionic" could be to create characters like the ones from the videogame saga "Assasin's Creed".

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I said it and I say it again:

The keys to design a new class are:

- Right balance of power, of course.

- Fun gameplay. Class features have to be interesting, useful and not too complicate. A bad example is the psychic enervation by the psionic wilder class.

- Interesting concept. Each class is like a mark of identity, as clothes by urban tribes or Halloween costumes. A class isn't only a list of superpowers but it has to be its own source of inspiration of new stories. A bad example of this are the incarnate and the soulborn from "Magic Incarnum", practically paladin clones with soulmeld powers. At least the lurker from "the complete psionic" could be to create characters like the ones from the videogame saga "Assasin's Creed".
You make some good points butI can't tell, are you for or against these classes?

orial

Explorer
For me there are more than enough player options in 5e (like basic and 2nd) , If I wanted that many options I could have stayed at 3e or play Pathfinder instead.
It's just my opinion, so don't bash ;)

Rellott

Explorer
Have you investigated the possibility of getting yur materials onto D&D Beyond?

Beyond currently only works with WotC. There had been some discussion of plans to get 3PP in there in the past, but they haven’t talked about that in a while, best I can tell. Not sure if that plan has changed (read: cancelled) or just been pushed way back on their timetable.
Putting material on there as Homebrew is an option, except A) Beyond doesn’t let you make homebrew classes, and B) then you couldn’t charge money for your product.

I liked the concept of psionic wilder, but I didn't the "punishment" of the psychic enervation. In the pathfinder version this was fixed with other options of "punishment".

I miss the magic of incarnum but the soulborn and incarnate were paladin clones too closed to alignment and with boring powers about buff and almost without ranged attack. The totemist were better because it was a class about getting some monster traits.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases