Unearthed Arcana Revised Artificer Survey now available

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
I was very thorough on this one. They’re honing in on what could be a really great class, but it’s not quite there yet.

MiraMels

Explorer
I spent an hour this morning filling it out. My response basically boiled down to "this is 140% of a class at the moment, but i'm looking forward to the 100% you pare it down to"

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
I spent an hour this morning filling it out. My response basically boiled down to "this is 140% of a class at the moment, but i'm looking forward to the 100% you pare it down to"

Interesting! I think I agree, if I understand you correctly. This class definitely has a lot going on. Is there anything in particular you felt may have been contributing to the bloat that you’d be willing to talk more about?

Personally, I really like the tool proficiencies, crafting, and infusions, have mixed feelings about the pets, and think the spellcasting is too much.

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
My repeated feedback was "Unnecessarily complex." I like the class, I just think it needs streamlining. I agree with the 140% metaphor.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle

My feedback will boil down to “do not pare this class down to any significant degree. It’s good as is, with some tweaks to when things come online and where they exist in the class or subclass”.

I’ll be extremely disappointed if it has noticeably fewer moving parts on release.

Li Shenron

Legend
I largely hate the Artificer class in all its incarnations. I would have liked it only if it was done to represent a non-magic character e.g. a MacGuyver-type, but the game already has too many casters. So I am very undecided whether I should express my deep dislike to it, or if I should encourage them to go through with it as-is (or even purposefully suggest changes against my taste) so that I make sure I won't be tempted to waste my money on the Eberron book.

Conceptually, I'm fine with the artillerist's turrets. They are just weak to the level of pointlessness. Just buff them a bit.

If you deleted the alchemist's homunculus you are left with an extremely weak class all round. It's a spellcaster who gains spells at half the rate of other spellcasters. I would leave it alone since a complete reworking would prevent the release of the class anytime soon.

The Archivist, you would have to design dungeons so the party can't camp in a safe place whist the invulnerable artificial mind explores and slowly kills anything that can't run away. Personally, as it is, I would just ban the subclass. I don't like the concept anyway, but I guess making the AM vulnerable to Dispel Magic and force damage would help.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases