Cyberpunk Red Jumpstart Kit Announced from R. Talsorian Games

R. Talsorian Games announced details for the introductory boxed set for Cyberpunk Red, the new edition of the iconic cyberpunk roleplaying game.
This new edition of Cyberpunk (reportedly named before the licensing deal with video game company CD Projekt Red for the Cyberpunk 2077 video game) is the fourth edition of the game, following Cyberpunk 2013 (released in 1988), Cyberpunk 2020 (released in 1990), and Cyberpunk V3.0 (released in 2005).

From the press release:

R. Talsorian Games has announced an August 1, 2019 release for the Cyberpunk Red Jumpstart Kit, a boxed set containing everything players need to start playing Cyberpunk Red, the newest edition of the original tabletop roleplaying game of the Dark Future.

Set in the years between the classic tabletop roleplaying game Cyberpunk 2020 and Cyberpunk 2077, the upcoming AAA video game from CD Projekt Red, the Cyberpunk Red Jumpstart Kit is the perfect entry point for gamers new to tabletop gaming as well as veterans who want to learn how the game’s rules and world have evolved.

Inside the Cyberpunk Red Jumpstart Kit box, players will find:

• A lore and adventure book detailing the world of Cyberpunk Red. Also included is a full, ready to play scenario and “Screamsheets”, a combination of in-universe news story and game information which players can use to create new adventures.
  • A rulebook containing the essential rules needed to play the game, engage in frenetic combat, and hack their way through digital networks. The Cyberpunk Red Jumpstart Kit uses a new version of R. Talsorian Games’ original Interlock game engine.
  • Six pregenerated characters: the Fixer, the Netrunner, the Nomad, the Rocker, the Solo, and the Tech. Each character comes ready to play but can be further customized using an abbreviated version of the famous Cyberpunk Lifepath system.
  • Four maps to help players visualize their environments, from hard streets to glittering nightclubs.
  • Six dice: two ten-sided dice and four six-sided dice.
  • And more!

Designed by award winning game designer Mike Pondsmith, creator of the Cyberpunk universe, the Cyberpunk Red Jumpstart Kit remains true to the gritty roots of the original while serving as a gateway to the future of the line. R. Talsorian Games is proud to offer this entry-level product to the gaming community and is confident those who use the Jumpstart Kit to explore the Dark Future will go on to explore the game and world deeper via the Cyberpunk Red core rulebook, due out later in 2019.

The Cyberpunk Red Jumpstart Kit will make its debut at Gen Con 2019 in Indianapolis on August 1st and will be for sale there at booth 1852. It will also be available as a digital download, minus the dice, via DriveThruRPG.com on the same day. Physical copies of the Cyberpunk Red Jumpstart Kit will be available via the R. Talsorian Games webstore and through retailers shortly afterwards.

Additional information about Cyberpunk can be found at https://rtalsoriangames.com/

About R. Talsorian Games

Founded in 1985, R. Talsorian Games is an award-winning producer of tabletop roleplaying games, including The Witcher Tabletop Roleplaying Game, Castle Falkenstein, the Mekton series, and Teenagers from Outer Space. Mike Pondsmith, the company’s founder, was inducted into the Origins Awards Hall of Fame in 2006. They are best known for the Cyberpunk roleplaying game, which serves as the prequel to the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 video game from CD Projekt Red.

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

Hard pass.

After the problems with Mekton Z, I am not willing to support anything from R. Talsorian Games.

What problems did you have with Mekton Zeta? Game system or the company? Curious, I rather liked Mekton Zeta and Mekton Zeta Plus myself, but my time with them was short. I liked Cyberpunk 2.0.2.0 as well which I spent more time with.

J Gray

Explorer
What problems did you have with Mekton Zeta? Game system or the company? Curious, I rather liked Mekton Zeta and Mekton Zeta Plus myself, but my time with them was short. I liked Cyberpunk 2.0.2.0 as well which I spent more time with.

Akodoken likely means the Mekton Zero Kickstarter we ran a few years back. Unfortunately, we went over the deadline and still haven't completed the project. There were problems with communicating as well, which we apologize for. Since then, we've done our best to issue refunds to backers (Kickstarter does not have a refund process so it wasn't a smooth task).

Akodoken, if we haven't sent you a refund please email j.gray@rtalsoriangames.com and we'll make sure you get it.

We are sorry we weren't able to fulfill the Kickstarter. Mekton Zero is still in our plans for the future.

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
I am boycotting this unless the art is pictures of action figures with lens flare filters added. I refuse to support a product filled with high quality art.

Akodoken

Explorer
Akodoken likely means the Mekton Zero Kickstarter we ran a few years back. Unfortunately, we went over the deadline and still haven't completed the project. There were problems with communicating as well, which we apologize for. Since then, we've done our best to issue refunds to backers (Kickstarter does not have a refund process so it wasn't a smooth task).

Akodoken, if we haven't sent you a refund please email j.gray@rtalsoriangames.com and we'll make sure you get it.

We are sorry we weren't able to fulfill the Kickstarter. Mekton Zero is still in our plans for the future.

I received my refund but in my mind, that did not erase how horribly the entire affair was handled or how long it took to remedy. For a prestigious company like R. Talsorian the offense was egregious, imho.

Best of luck to you.

holoKitten

First Post
Looking forward to this. Have been a huge fan of other cyberpunky things since the early 90s (Shadowrun, Ghost in the Shell, etc) but never crossed paths with the Cyberpunk trpg. Now I just need to find a runner who can pick up a package at GenCon for me...

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases