DDAL Jasper DMs Ghosts of Saltmarsh
    Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)

Jasper DMs Ghosts of Saltmarsh

Ok, either in late June or after I will be dming the Hardcover Ghosts of Saltmarsh for Adventure League(AL). So far no real guidance on how seasonality is going to affect this. So all awards will apply.
    But for prep work this is what I am doing.
    I bought a ship
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I will be using that as a template. I also bought some plywood and been hand drawing all the Ship maps from the book on to one inch grid paper. Suggestions on how to do the decks in three d are welcome. I should be taping the ship maps down tonight. Cutting will be over the weekend.
    Chapter 1. I just scanned it. I think official suggestions will be changing some names for groups. Red wizards for scarlet brotherhood.
    Chapter 2. Sinister secret. I got my encounters notes first draft written. Level 1 Tier 1.
    Chapter 3. Danger at Dunwater. KISSY KISSY KISSY. To whom ever did Page 67. It lists the room number and monsters. First draft took 20 minutes of cutting and pasting monsters. Then 5 minutes of entering room names. And adding magic items to my notes. Level 3 Tier 1
    Note XP in this an old AL format/ milestone XP x if did well or Less if you did not do well. The hint is the pcs make to level 4.
    Chapter 4. Salvage Operation. Thanks to my local game store I was able to get an advance copy of parts of this chapter. The map of the ship on page 89 is beeping unless. It is back to blue on blue lines from the 80s. I have looked at in color ink, and black and white. It is hard to get the exact dimensions of the ship. This is the widest ship. And longest ship if you include the prow.

I need to photocopy the magic item sheet and the monsters. This generally saves time during the game. I have also update my monster, ac, xp index word doc. I should post that in the downloads section next week. And maybe get the csv file updated.

I will be Going to Magic City Comic Con in Birmingham Al June 21-23 2019 if any of you are attending, lets talk.
    As always feel free to comment, suggest, snarky about things in this thread.
    Laugh Tazawa laughed with this post

The ships are in dry dock. If you are going to map out all the ships in the book onto wood. Buy 1/4 by 4 by 4 aka half a sheet of plywood. It will be cheaper.
    Attached Files Attached Files   
    XP pogre gave XP for this post

I was wrong The Chapter 4 is not the longest. That goes to rowing galley Page 189. 26 inches or 23.5 on my grid.
    Medium Ooops. The T-square I was using to grid. I thought the bar was 1 inch wide, It actually 1 1/4 inch wide. So sometimes on the ships the grid is bigger than it suppose to be.
    Chapter 5 has a feel of do it my way on how you land.
    Chapter 6. Kissy Kissy Kisssy again. Page 115 has the full roster of monsters. Hurrah!
    Chapter 7 Tammeraut's Fate is going to interesting running in Adventure league. I am lucky if I get the same players 3 weeks in a row.
    Only skimmed Chapter 8 But I am laughing at the art work on page 169. I think with the various clockworks, etc the realms would have invented arms and nose pieces for glasses.
    Attached Files Attached Files  
    XP DMP gave XP for this post

Chapter 8 The Styles is going to be a fun run depending on the group.
    Chapter 1 Notes are typed up. I only listed the encounters in the city. I think the AL will not allow exploring randomly out into woods. Um swamps. Etc.
    So far except for the Special cover none of the art work really stands out. Now to grab some bubble wrap and cardboard and make boxes for each of ships.

Well making the individual boxes for the ships was a big fail. Any body got any links on how to make small shipping boxes by hand.?

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

I found this .stl file (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1078333) and got it put together for less than $40. The cabins are inaccessible, but the anchor works and the sails are removable.

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 3.05.40 PM.png
Views: 99
Size:  585.9 KB
    XP jasper gave XP for this post

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Following!