What previous supplements would you like to see brought back for 5e? - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 72
  1. #61
    Member
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    collin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Kansas City area, Kansas
    Posts
    244
    These have all been mentioned by other posters, but I thought I would throw my 2 cents in, just in case anyone is paying attention. In no particular order:

    Arms and Equipment
    Oriental Adventures
    Psionics
    Spell Compendium
    XP SkidAce gave XP for this post

  2. #62
    I'd really like a new version of the DMG II from 4e. It had a lot of really useful tools for storytelling, skill challenges, encounter building, customizing monsters, ... It even had a 20 page description of Sigil thrown in there for good measure.

  3. #63
    4E's Dungeon Delve.

  4. #64
    Member
    Pit Fiend (Lvl 26)



    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Aloha, or
    Posts
    5,689
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    You are wrong. You never need to be online to start the program or access your content. You do need to be online in 2 cases only; 1) when players are joining you from remote locations (i.e. using the internet), 2) if you have players local to your network that are connecting to your game and you use an Ultimate license and the player does not have a license. But neither are those cases relevant to use case you outlined because those are VTT capabilities, not an offline character and campaign builder that you said you wanted.


    Valid reason. And why it was one of the reasons I explicitly said was understandable. Not sure your price estimate is right, but FG is does cost more than "free" to do what you want.


    Ok, if it is to you, fine. But given their are numerous offline map builders available (many free), I have no idea why a single tool that does both is so important to you, but if that's your requirement you'll have to wait for FGU (~December 2019) to have everything in one package.


    You are now changing the goal posts so to speak. You stated digital format, now you are demanding a specific digital format. Are you going to keep adding requirements? You said "like" the CR CD, not identical to it. And by the way, I do have the Core Rules CD, but haven't had a need or desire to use it since I got FG.

    Anyways, my point is that something "like" what you originally said you wanted exists. Is it identical? Nope!
    According to FG, you do need to be online initially because it automatically checks license validation. Thatís according to them on a forum discussion I read.

    And when I say like CR, I mean I should be able to read, edit, and print books. Not that it HAS to be a .doc, but certainly more than being forced to read only through FG app. Thatís a huge difference.

  5. #65
    Member
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)



    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    1,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrosanct View Post
    According to FG, you do need to be online initially because it automatically checks license validation. Thatís according to them on a forum discussion I read.

    And when I say like CR, I mean I should be able to read, edit, and print books. Not that it HAS to be a .doc, but certainly more than being forced to read only through FG app. Thatís a huge difference.
    If you don't actually quote your source not much more I can do than tell you your quote is wrong. Lots get said on the FG forum, just like this one, that is not accurate or can be taken out of context or misunderstood. So regardless of what you may have read elsewhere, what I said is accurate. And since I often use FG while I am offline (such as on a plane, or a car in the middle of BFE) to create character and campaign content I know it's correct in the context we are discussing.

    Read, edit and print. Ok, now you have moved the goal posts again. Just remember, whatever digital file format you chose, you will have to use an app to view it. doc, pdf etc you can use more than one app to view, edit, print, FG you can only use FG to do those things. So yea you can read it. Edit? Yes, you can do that, BUT you can't edit the "official" copy, you have to use a single-click-0drag action to copy it and then you can edit it. Print, FG is not designed to print, but their recently was released a print tool that allows you to print (to PDF maybe?) your entire campaign (which can include copied and edited content.

    FG is not going to do things like Word does, because it's not a word processor, but it has the capabilities you keep adding to your requirements (except currently mapping). But, maybe not realized in the way you want, or or as efficient etc. And those can be justifiable reasons not to select it. But again, to state you have no option when such an option exists is disingenuous. Now, to say their are no options that perform in the way you require or at a cost you require, that's fair.

  6. #66
    Member
    Pit Fiend (Lvl 26)



    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Aloha, or
    Posts
    5,689
    Iím not shifting goal posts. Geez.... when I say I want a program like the old program X, that infers that Iíd like it to have the same or comparable functionality and characteristics of X

    FG doesnít meet that in a few criteria, therefore, what I want (a package like CR), does not in fact exist. Itís like saying I want a car like my old Ď68 Camaro SS, and you saying, well, hereís this modern BMW 535 that exists that does what your car did. It has an engine, and wheels, and a windshield, and kinda sporty. Why donít you like it; you must have something against BMWs to ignore it.

    And I reply with ďbut it doesnít have anywhere near the 350HP, the ease of working on a 427 crate engine, the wonderful deep throaty sound of the V8, nor a turboglide transmission.Ē Then you coming back with ďYouíre just shifting the goalpost.Ē 🤷‍♂️

  7. #67
    Member
    Hydra (Lvl 25)



    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    4,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Brashnir2 View Post
    4E's Dungeon Delve.
    Oh yeah. I've mentioned that in previous threads, too!

    My dream version of it would be a Monster Manual like product, where each entry was a dungeon room/area instead of a monster.

  8. #68
    I kinda wast to see a new version of the 3e Book of Exalted Deeds/Vile Darkness.

    the lore could be some mad person thought that stapling them together would do something interesting.

  9. #69
    Member
    The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)



    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrosanct View Post
    For me, it's a no brainer. I'd like to see a 5e version of the 2e Core Rules CD ROM. Obviously it doesn't need to be a CD ROM, but a program that you can use offline that:
    DnDBeyond will soon have all of that functionality offline. THe app is fully offline usable, and will soon include character builder, and eventually include all the tools the website has. If you are willing to program things in yourself, it's also 100% free to use. You only have to pay to have access to the pre-programmed content, and you can get 10-25% off standard amazon prices for the content if you use the bundles and/or use promo codes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Telvin View Post
    I have no fond memories of any editions splat books. Well maybe the original 1e Deities and Demigods. Splat books create a power creep for the PCs that the monsters cannot keep up with. Its the main reason I am leaving Pathfinder. I will not be buying any splat books for 5e, or allowing my players to use them in my game.
    I mean, the 5e supplements don't particularly add power to the PCs. There are a couple subclasses that are considered very strong on dnd forums, but in play they aren't actually any more powerful than other PCs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiles View Post
    I would love to have the 4e character builder solely for the monster/encounter creator. You could level up or down creatures and it would adjust EVERYTHING.
    I really hope that DnDBeyond adds this functionality at some point. The encounter builder has potential, but it's nowhere near the 4e offline adventure tools.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Satyrn View Post
    Oh yeah. I've mentioned that in previous threads, too!

    My dream version of it would be a Monster Manual like product, where each entry was a dungeon room/area instead of a monster.
    I'm not sure that would be exactly like Dungeon Delve, but it's a truly excellent idea. A book that's nothing but a huge list of a cool individual encounters, which would be ripped wholecloth into an adventure, or used as imagination fuel would be an amazing product.
    XP Satyrn gave XP for this post

Similar Threads

  1. 5E has brought this old gmaer back to D&D after 8 years!
    By Mavkatzer in forum *Dungeons & Dragons
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: Thursday, 1st January, 2015, 10:32 PM
  2. DDO Brought Me Back To D&D
    By airwalkrr in forum *General Roleplaying Games Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Monday, 7th February, 2011, 08:20 PM
  3. What if you brought 4E back to 1970?
    By harpy in forum *General Roleplaying Games Discussion
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: Thursday, 29th October, 2009, 04:09 PM
  4. What would you like to see brought back from older editions?
    By SpiderMonkey in forum *Pathfinder & Starfinder
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: Friday, 19th October, 2007, 08:30 PM
  5. Is it just me or do any of you think Speed Factor on weapons should be brought back?
    By Calico_Jack73 in forum *General Roleplaying Games Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Thursday, 11th March, 2004, 03:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •