Baldurs Gate 3 apparently in development (with evidence) - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Really curious about what the setting is going to be, since it would be kind of hard to pick off where Baldur's Gate 2 ended...

Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)

Same. I loved those games. Heck, I still have my PS2, and from time to time think about hooking it back up to play through them.

Quote Originally Posted by Enevhar Aldarion View Post
    Personally, I would rather have a good PS4 sequel to the old PS2 Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance games.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzzrym View Post
    Really curious about what the setting is going to be, since it would be kind of hard to pick off where Baldur's Gate 2 ended...
    Pretty sure it will pick up in the "present" FR timeline, with the bhaalspawn dead, bhaal returned, and the eponymous city possibly in Avernus.

Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

Quote Originally Posted by Myzzrym View Post
    I think it's pretty obvious that it will take place around the same time as the new baldurs gate labelled D&D storyline

That also suggests that the game will be released quite soon, while the storyline is fresh.

Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)

So, this just got announced, in a tengental topic: Baldur's Gate, Planescape Torment and Neverwinter Nights are getting Switch releases, with cartridges and everything. Baldur's Gate Enhance Edition is coming out the same week as the Hardcover storyline.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...ming_to_switch
    XP Prakriti, doctorbadwolf gave XP for this post

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Quote Originally Posted by Parmandur View Post
    So, this just got announced, in a tengental topic: Baldur's Gate, Planescape Torment and Neverwinter Nights are getting Switch releases, with cartridges and everything. Baldur's Gate Enhance Edition is coming out the same week as the Hardcover storyline.

I believe they're getting released on PS4 and Xbox One, as well (for those that don't keep up with console gaming news).

Quote Originally Posted by Parmandur View Post

Interesting. I can't imagine playing these games on a controller, but their release is nothing if not good.

Magsman (Lvl 14)

Quote Originally Posted by vecna00 View Post
    Also possible! It could even be the exact adventure in DIA...it more than likely won't be, but it could be!

All I do know: Things are going to get really interesting.
    No, that is what the Neverwinter MMO is for. It gets all the hardcover adventure content, so another game that does the same thing is very unlikely.

The implementation will certainly be interesting.

While Larian has done serious games in the past, the last few ones had a higher comedy ratio than what I would expect from a Baldurs Gate. Also the 5E settings will cause some problem. The lack of rewards is not really suitable for a video games and the time jump means that there is hardly any connection to the old Baldurs Gate, especially as Bhaal is back now, so everything was for naught anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by gyor View Post
    I hope they put in every race from VGTM, every subclass from XGTE, and every subrace from MTOFs and the SCAG and every FR deity.
    They'll probably start with mostly PHB stuff and then add the stuff from supplements in DLCs. Like the Neverwinter Nights games did (except with expansions instead of DLCs).