Island of Bones (Ghost of Saltmarsh possible spoilers)

From Ghosts of Saltmash I really liked the Island of Bones plot hook given in Tammerauts fate. And I wanted to check with people about useful maps and ideas for the island.

Island of Bones

Far out to sea, a mass of bones culled from the seabed rises and coalesces into a new island — a sinister place cloaked in necrotic energy. This place, the Island of Bones, serves as a port of call for pirates serving Orcus.
The island swarms with undead creatures that perform repairs on ships, unload loot, and protect the place from attack. More important, it serves as the center of an unholy theocracy founded by priests of Orcus and dedicated to calling their master to the Material Plane.
As the island grows, a massive palace fit for the Lord of the Undead himself arises from the bones. Within its depths, a portal to the Abyss slowly forms as more and more mortal sacrifices are made to Orcus.
With a fleet of pirate captains at their call and the devouring gyre cutting off sea travel, the priests of Orcus threaten to overwhelm the region with their undead hordes. Their efforts, of course, are resisted by the characters and whatever forces the locales can muster.

I am particularly interested in building the Palace of Orcus. And would love ideas.

Remove ads