D&D 5E 5e Against the Slave Lords

twofalls

DM Beadle
I have a game group that is composed of players that are all new enough not to have experienced the classics, such as the B series, or the Giants or Slave Lords. I own the B1-2 5e conversion that was done by Goodman Games, Into the Boarderlands, and I've been searching for a 5e version of the old A series Against the Slave Lords. There are conversion booklets availible from Drive Through RPG, is there any community awareness of the entire series having been converted? Has either WotC or an independent put such a conversion on the market? Thank you.

Sacrosanct

Legend
When they came out with the Slave Lords book a few years ago (including a new introductory module to the set), I ran it for my group. It's so easy to convert, I was able to do it on the fly. Not sure if there is an official conversion out there somewhere

twofalls

DM Beadle
How did you find it with regards to scaling? 5e characters are stronger than the old AD&D and 2nd characters, was it easy to beef up on the fly, or did you find you needed to?

Sacrosanct

Legend
I really didn't need to. 5e PCs are stronger, but there are more monsters in those old modules than in modern 5e specific ones, and they are in close proximity. There's some adjustment, but the best way is to get a feel of how your players are doing, how they are handling things, and then make adjustments as you go. I know that's not really a good answer, but since every table is different, every table would have to make different adjustments.

The only real thing you need to be aware of from the start is that orcs are way more powerful in 5e than 1e, so you can't really have a group of level 1 PCs go against a half dozen orcs like you'd see in 1e. It might not end well ;)

twofalls

DM Beadle
Yeah I get that. Perusing the net I'm seeing that Against the Slave Lords has been out of print for a long while, and copies are going for $100+. That isn't going to happen for an old module. Not having luck finding a PDF either so far.

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth
The June 7, 2013 D&D Next Playtest Packet has conversion notes (monster statistics) for the entire series: Against the Slave Lords (A0-A5). I'm not sure if this is available anywhere, however.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases