Players 'distressed' by gang-rape role-playing game

Status
Not open for further replies.

HJFudge

Explorer
Why would anyone do this? Especially in a public setting like a con. Even in a home game where you generally discuss what is okay and not okay, how do people even come up with this idea?!

This is distressing indeed.

I

Immortal Sun

I run into enough people at tables who have an odd fixation with holes and putting things in them that I suspect people underestimate the total number of people who would attempt to incorporate this into a game.

It's one of the many reasons there are express efforts to "clean up" our hobby.

I run into enough people at tables who have an odd fixation with holes and putting things in them that I suspect people underestimate the total number of people who would attempt to incorporate this into a game.

I, too, have observed this fixation, even at public store events. It's one reason that it is so important to diversify the hobby. Some of my all-male groups in high school (a very long time ago) made a lot of inappropriate sexual jokes. It got to the point at some tables that there were just running gags all the time. When I got to college and started playing in more diverse groups (gender, sexual orientation, race, religion... all the axes), those sorts of things disappeared and the games were much better for it.

Kaodi

Hero
Just saw jonrog1 posting about this on Twitter and, Jesus Christ, why? This is basically the RPG equivalent of those some of the sickest "prank" videos on YouTube.

I

Immortal Sun

I, too, have observed this fixation, even at public store events.

Yeah, it was quite disturbing how willing these people were to be public with their "fixations" like they got some kind of extra kick about doing it in public.

The Monster

Explorer
I remember this kind of thing cropping up in stories & rumors back in the '80s. I was appalled by it then (even as a brash & clueless 20-year-old), and my opinion has not changed. That GM should simply be blacklisted from all RPG events. I'd never sit at the same table with him in any case.

ccs

41st lv DM
Hmm. One failed Wisdom check later....

Should not run that stuff without the right group 1st & definitely not at a convention with/around strangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases