Brainstorming a PC, system agnostic-ish

Xaelvaen

Stuck in the 90s
I'm afraid I know very little of the subject matter, but you've inspired me to begin reading with your attention to detail - this all looks so very fascinating. Just wanted to say 'well-done' so far.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
As I was writing that up, I though about The Orgonaut as being a legacy hero: a hero who holds the position for a while, then trains or picks a successor. There is always an Orgonaut, but they may differ greatly with the passage of time. Different tools, differing levels of Orgonic mastery, etc.

So the Orgonaut of the 1930-40s wouldn’t have access to the sophisticated biotech armor described above, and thus couldn’t do some of the above...at least, not in the field. He might have a pyramidical accumulator- or even several- he could tote around, capable of amplifying a few abilities, but major stuff like weather manipulation would require a device in his “lair”.

Unlike the modern Orgonaut, he might carry a sidearm, but it still probably wouldn’t be a Colt 1911 or some such. Perhaps, more like DC’s Sandman (the pulp hero, not the semidivine being), he might have a tranquilizer gun- darts, not gas.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I'm afraid I know very little of the subject matter, but you've inspired me to begin reading with your attention to detail - this all looks so very fascinating. Just wanted to say 'well-done' so far.

Thanks!

In my ex, there’s all kinds of seeds for PC, adventure and campaign ideas all around us in nature, history, art, music and literature. All you have to do is keep your eye and ears open.

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
This could be back ground, maybe the girl? At least good music, nonetheless.

[video=youtube;pllRW9wETzw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pllRW9wETzw[/video]

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
One of my favorite Kate Bush tunes!

Now I'm thinking of Kate Bush as a superhero; if she is the child in the video, maybe with a sort of "Dark Angel" vibe.

Utah Saints did a pretty good mix off of Cloud Busting:

[video=youtube;Z7MC8Lw5e9Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7MC8Lw5e9Q[/video]

Kate Bush's pics and videos are flush with good imagery, here she is as a fantasy hero:

tumblr_n7rxprhrOO1qzlxiyo1_500.jpg

The Orgone armor could be like bio-field:

12106582ef43dc23e0f9b96d5d63990c.jpg

Somehow mixed with Emma Goldman's "Mother Earth":

220px-Mother_Earth_1.jpg

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Ha! Never seen the Utah Saints vid- nice choreography. The Running Man alway looked cool to me..when done by skilled dancers. Regular Joes...not so much.

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
Ha! Never seen the Utah Saints vid- nice choreography. The Running Man alway looked cool to me..when done by skilled dancers. Regular Joes...not so much.

"It was the freshest move I ever seen, like he was floating on air."

Skilled dancers are amazing, I wish I was a better dancer, instead of being more like clumsy horse with shaggy hooves. One thing I always have aliens notice about us, is how musical and dancing we are as a species, probably our most redeeming feature. We often blow up the OoC threads with music that is the theme for a character, or what they are doing. Maybe Cloud Busting or Something Good would be a good theme for the Orgonaut.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
See also this:

[video=youtube;DJgMyk5vJ20]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJgMyk5vJ20[/video]

That’s the song that introduced me to the concept of orgone, back in the late 1980s. Never used the concept in gaming before, though.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases