Magic the Gathering Animated Series
    Mod Squad
    Pit Fiend (Lvl 26)

Magic the Gathering Animated Series

Several sources today are reporting that the Russo Brothers will be doing a Magic: The Gathering animates series (focusing on the Planeswalkers) for Netflix.

https://deadline.com/2019/06/magic-t...es-1202625796/

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/mag...rs-1203230595/

The Russo's will be in Executive Producer roles (which doesn't actually tell us what they will do, but hey...)

The showrunners for Magic:The Gathering will be Henry Gilroy (Star Wars Rebels) and Jose Molina (The Tick). Gilroy & Molina will also write the show. Animation will be done by Octopie Network and Bardel Studio.
    Last edited by Umbran; Monday, 3rd June, 2019 at 08:56 PM.

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

So. Discussed this with a colleague who is a huge MtG nerd. (I have played a little, and still retain my old White/Red Soldier deck)

Couldn't decide if this will be targeted for a wider/younger audience or not. I think not. Especially after reading a couple articles, but he is not convinced. Thoughts?

Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)

Im not a Magic player, but this is still pretty exciting. Bardel looks to have done work on The Dragon Prince, Bobs Burgers, Teen Titans Go!, and Rick & Morty, amongst other things.

Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)

Quote Originally Posted by Istbor View Post
    So. Discussed this with a colleague who is a huge MtG nerd. (I have played a little, and still retain my old White/Red Soldier deck)

Couldn't decide if this will be targeted for a wider/younger audience or not. I think not. Especially after reading a couple articles, but he is not convinced. Thoughts?
    I think they are definitely aiming at a family audience: not Pokemon levels, but Avatar The Last Airbender, Clone Wars or Spiderverse. That's the audience they market the game to.