Magic: the Gathering is getting a cartoon - I want to write and produce one for Pathfinder

Lylandra

Adventurer
Sooo... will this be the animated version of SMITE EVIL you've been talking about a few days ago?

Anyways, call me excited. I'd totally support you should you decide to pull through the obviously crazy process on making something akin to Mike & Bryan with their animated series. I'm sure you can write a good storyline and memorable characters and I really hope that - should you get the okay from paizo - they'll leave you enough creative freedom to not chain you with, say, the depiction of accurate rules representation.

What I'd like to experience as well is a sense of depth and complexity, but I know ZEITGEIST and WotBS and they are both. Usually, I'm a bit skeptical when it comes to fantasy as many film adaptations tend to follow simplistic and obvious formulae (or maybe I've been watching too much Terrible Writing Advice), but not this time :)

PS: Actually, I'm more excited for this than for the Magic series despite its really shiny and polished look. But I've never been into Magic lore, so M:tG is basically just the same as Settlers of Catan for me (and yeah I know that there are Catan novels...).

I have a pilot script, storyboards for a scene, character designs, and an outline for a season. My collaborator is reaching out to industry contacts of his, to see what sort of help we can get at the start. Before Gen Con I intend to reach out to Paizo and ask to show them our pitch after they get back from the convention and decompress.

Kaodi

Hero
That is in just a week, : ) . I am glad to hear it is coming along. I hope you are successful, because I would really like to see what can be done with this idea.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases