D&D 5E Ghosts of Saltmarsh spoiler location

There is also an inconsistency in the appearance of skum. The original Styles illustration features skum from earlier editions, who look like fish-men (very similar to kua-toa). The description in the GoS appendix has an illustration for much more aboleth-like skum, which is more interesting and less like other monsters. However, the text in The Styles refers to the tracks of "webbed feet", like the old skum. The new skum presented in the appendix have no feet, webbed or otherwise.

jasper

Rotten DM
I don't think I used skum from earlier editions. But I think the art in the description is the full blown skum. And in Styles the monsters are humans who are morphing into skum. Boy did they get the lame power rangers ring.

The adventure uses original artwork, and the text in the adventure matches that. It's the Appendix illustration which is completely different from both.

In the end, I actually used some google-searched illustrations of Deep Ones, which are creepier than either.

jasper

Rotten DM
In the original adventure in Dungeon 106, the sovereign glue (3 ounces) is amongst the treasure in area 22 "abandoned quarters"

One of the AL moderator replied to my thread in the DM AL Discussion FB page about this. She was looking into it but said just place it wherever. I posted back your info.

Did I skip it in the Tammeraut's Fate location? I see no mention of in any treasure listing but it mention as a solution ?
It was in the original version of the adventure published in Dungeon Magazine in 2004, as part of the treasure in area 22 (along with the oil of slipperiness, which is useful during the attack). This is just one of several changes from the original versions to the 5E Ghosts product where something was omitted or was cut from one area but not from another. Sloppy editing, I'm afraid.

(EDIT oops, sorry, now I see HalfOrc HalfBiscuit also noted this)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases