GMing At A Convention - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Time Agent (Lvl 24)

Quote Originally Posted by Retreater View Post
    I'm contemplating running at next year's GenCon just so I know I can get into an event, unless I'm finally willing to say goodbye to GenCon. (Every one of the events we wanted to play sold out in literal seconds, and we had to sign up for events we had no interest in just to find something/anything to do.)
    Yeah, I long ago learned that having a mittful of generic tickets and flying standby can be the answer there, as so many people snap up event tickets during registration and then no-show on the day.

Lama (Lvl 13)

Quote Originally Posted by Lanefan View Post
    Yeah, I long ago learned that having a mittful of generic tickets and flying standby can be the answer there, as so many people snap up event tickets during registration and then no-show on the day.
    I had one bad experience with Generic Tickets (not being able to find anything to do with them the first year I bought them), that I just never considered buying them again. Maybe it's worth looking into?

Time Agent (Lvl 24)

Quote Originally Posted by Retreater View Post
    I had one bad experience with Generic Tickets (not being able to find anything to do with them the first year I bought them), that I just never considered buying them again. Maybe it's worth looking into?
    If Sunday afternoon rolls around and you've still got some generics you can refund them at Will-Call for system credit (or at least you could the last time I was there) which works kind of like a down payment on next year's badge.
    XP Retreater gave XP for this post

Novice (Lvl 1)

Quote Originally Posted by Lanefan View Post
    When I ran last year I has at least one no show per game. And if you are open to try new things.. there were in the room I was at least one of the three groups with at least 1-3 open spots. And as said.. all Generics can be rolled into credit by Sunday.