Pick one game...

G

Guest 6801328

Imagine you get to join a campaign with an awesome GM with tons of experience in the game system being used. Like, maybe the author of the game. (Assuming, for the sake of argument, that said author is also a great GM, which isn't necessarily the case.)

What's one game you've never actually played, but that you've always wanted to play, that you'd pick to do this?

My pick: Trudvang Chronicles.

ccs

41st lv DM
Huh. If I limit it to stuff I've never played but want to, that's a tiny list....

I guess it'd be a tie between whatever the current Middle Earth/LoTR game is (I'll assume it's vastly different than the ICE version I played back in the 80s) & the GoT game.

There's a whole lot more that I've only played once/a few times/ages ago that'd I'd like to revisit though.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I’m in a similar boat: I’ve played over 100 systems.

Top of the list of ones I want to play that I haven’t, though, is one I actually own: Numenara/The Strange/cypher System.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
Just one? Fine. ::groans:: Symbaroum. It's right up my alley:

This roleplaying game is suitable for all adventurous humans, goblins and trolls from the age of 12
See?

Top of the list of ones I want to play that I haven’t, though, is one I actually own: Numenara/The Strange/cypher System.
Aww. AWWWW! Get ye to a Numenary! I have the same problem.

OP should also state that our homework is to go over to Roll20, get some free time (cough cough), and sign up for one of these games we haven't played. And hope that the GM is "awesome with tons of experience."

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Hm...

Whatever Kevin Kulp's next game is after Swords of the Serpentine.

This is entirely based on Kevin's skills as a GM, and has diddly to do with whatever the game is.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/they)
My initial instinct was to say Monster of the Week, but yeah, I'd have to say Numenera. Especially Numenera Destiny

Xaelvaen

Stuck in the 90s

Backed Numenera in Kickstarter, did the playtest (including the nifty nda), and it truly is a blast of a 'light rules' system. Monte Cook, according to the tons of videos we got to see during the playtest, makes an amazing DM - that's a great choice.

Sadly, I've played Numenera, so guess I'll have to go with the 'One Ring' rules system out there right now, or any of the FFG 'strange dice' systems. I've never tried a one of them.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
My initial instinct was to say Monster of the Week, but yeah, I'd have to say Numenera. Especially Numenera Destiny

MotW was pretty fun for me. To be fair, the GM was pretty good, so that will color my experiences. Still, I’d say give it a try.

vendolis

Villager

Same here... Numenara is on my list for a while and it looks great, but I had never a chance to test it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases