WotC Baldur's Gate III Announced; Powered by D&D 5E

The developers of the Divinity: Original Sin series, Laria Studios, officially announced Baldur’s Gate III.
The new game will use the D&D 5th Edition rules as the backbone for their system and the storyline will be set directly after the events in the upcoming adventure Baldur’s Gate: Descent into Avernus. The game will be released on PC and the new Google Stadia video game streaming service. The announcement came with a teaser trailer below. More information is expected at the video game and electronics conference E3 next week.

The game isn't quite available for pre-order, but you can add it to your wishlist on Steam. The Steam listing also gives some idea of the features and gameplay options, as it lists Single Player, Multi-Player, Online Multiplayer, Local Multiplayer, Co-Op, Online Co-Op, Local Co-Op, Shared/Split Screen, and Cross-Platform Multiplayer.

The announcement follows a tease last week with an image of the stylized "III" which left the title of the game as part of the filename.

Warning: The trailer features some gruesome imagery which may not be suitable for all audiences and is definitely NSFW.

[video=youtube;OcP0WdH7rTs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcP0WdH7rTs[/video]​

Last edited by a moderator:

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

CapnZapp

Legend
For example I cannot imagine a video game launching with a class like the ranger and not immediately making any changes to it
I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'm sure WotC relish the chance of having to explain to gamers moving from video game to tabletop why their Ranger suddenly sucks.

And why Larian made changes to a class that WotC have gone on record of saying doesn't need any help...

Yes, that was sarcasm...

gyor

Legend
I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'm sure WotC relish the chance of having to explain to gamers moving from video game to tabletop why their Ranger suddenly sucks.

And why Larian made changes to a class that WotC have gone on record of saying doesn't need any help...

Yes, that was sarcasm...

I think they'd say in need of tweeking, not sucked.

CapnZapp

Legend
More info. Class will matter a lot.
Sorry but you could have phrased this differently.

The actual quote is "Sven wants it to feel like authentic D&D. Your class choice will be important."

This makes it clear there's nothing fishy going on - OF COURSE your class choice will mean a lot, D&D is a class-based game.

Sadras

Legend
Some ppl are more interested in promiscuity than slaying xvarts.

On the topic, I had a xvart once. Had to change my undies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases