WotC Baldur's Gate III Announced; Powered by D&D 5E

The developers of the Divinity: Original Sin series, Laria Studios, officially announced Baldur’s Gate III.
The new game will use the D&D 5th Edition rules as the backbone for their system and the storyline will be set directly after the events in the upcoming adventure Baldur’s Gate: Descent into Avernus. The game will be released on PC and the new Google Stadia video game streaming service. The announcement came with a teaser trailer below. More information is expected at the video game and electronics conference E3 next week.

The game isn't quite available for pre-order, but you can add it to your wishlist on Steam. The Steam listing also gives some idea of the features and gameplay options, as it lists Single Player, Multi-Player, Online Multiplayer, Local Multiplayer, Co-Op, Online Co-Op, Local Co-Op, Shared/Split Screen, and Cross-Platform Multiplayer.

The announcement follows a tease last week with an image of the stylized "III" which left the title of the game as part of the filename.

Warning: The trailer features some gruesome imagery which may not be suitable for all audiences and is definitely NSFW.

[video=youtube;OcP0WdH7rTs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcP0WdH7rTs[/video]​

Last edited by a moderator:

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
For those of you who don't want to click the video:
[sblock]The trailer features a Flaming Fist Mercenary undergoing Ceremorphosis. With an extra dose of body horror. Also a Nautiloid.[/sblock]

Last edited by a moderator:

Abstruse

Legend
For those of you who don't want to click the video:
The trailer features a Flaming Fist Mercenary undergoing Cerebromorphosis. With an extra dose of body horror.
Yeah, I love horror movies and even I was squicked out. Very much in the style of American Werewolf in London in that transformation. It looks absolutely amazing, though.

Nickolaidas

Explorer
I sincerely hope we'll see console versions. With both the Divinity Original Sin games being out for consoles, and the original Baldur's Gate games being ported in the coming weeks, it makes sense we'll see a PS4/Xbox One version as well.

Abstruse

Legend
I sincerely hope we'll see console versions. With both the Divinity Original Sin games being out for consoles, and the original Baldur's Gate games being ported in the coming weeks, it makes sense we'll see a PS4/Xbox One version as well.
Unless there's some exclusivity deal going on with Google that prevents other console releases, I'd expect those announcements at E3 next week. At the very least, I'd expect a port to the Switch considering the success Beamdog's having with the older Interplay/BioWare/Black Isle D&D games on that platform.

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
Did the trailer need to be that disgusting? :-S

Note to Larian: the point of a trailer is to make people want to play your game, not make them lose their lunch.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases