Baldur's Gate III Announced; Powered by D&D 5E - Page 29
Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast
    I just played through Divinity Original Sin 2: the Definitive Edition, and it seems they added some references to upcoming games. One refers to the upcoming tactical game Divinity Fallen Heroes where there's a book about Sulfurium and how it'll revolutionize combat. Another reference might be about Baldur's Gate 3, when the necromancer Tarquin mentions travelling to another world where there are beings that eats minds. So there's a small chance that the character could conceivably make an appearance in BG3.
    XP MarkB, gyor, Azzy gave XP for this post

The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

Quote Originally Posted by Nickolaidas View Post
    Can't wait to have my Dragonborn Paladin go toe to toe with Mind Flayers!

And I can't wait for the inevitable mod which will allow you to have a Mind Flayer as a Player Character!
    It might not require a mod, if your character gets infected by a Mindflayer Tadpole, and turns into a Mindflayer they might let you keep playing it.

Same thing with being coming a Vampire or Werecreature.

Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)

Quote Originally Posted by gyor View Post
    It might not require a mod, if your character gets infected by a Mindflayer Tadpole, and turns into a Mindflayer they might let you keep playing it.

Same thing with being coming a Vampire or Werecreature.
    Did you say you haven't played the original Baldur's Gate? It's a very different style of RPG to The Elder Scrolls games.

Of course it's possible Baldur's Gate 3 might take a completely different approach to storytelling to 1 and 2. Not something I would welcome myself though.

Hydra (Lvl 25)

Quote Originally Posted by gyor View Post
    I thought to extract the bits relevant to 5E, but really, the only new tibit I could find, was that Larian is tweaking the experience of playing the Fighter at low levels:

"The fighter has been a big problem for us" says Vincke, "because in the beginning he's very limited. He's a tutorial class in D&D 5e, but if I don't give you anything to do with your fighter in the beginning of a videogame you'll go bananas, especially when you play multiplayer."

The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Farquhar View Post
    Did you say you haven't played the original Baldur's Gate? It's a very different style of RPG to The Elder Scrolls games.

Of course it's possible Baldur's Gate 3 might take a completely different approach to storytelling to 1 and 2. Not something I would welcome myself though.
    No I've played BG 1& 2 and Throne of Bhaal, Planescape Torment, the original Gold Box Pool of Radiance games as well. I only really played the Elder Scroll demo with the original one.

The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

Quote Originally Posted by CapnZapp View Post
    I thought to extract the bits relevant to 5E, but really, the only new tibit I could find, was that Larian is tweaking the experience of playing the Fighter at low levels:

"The fighter has been a big problem for us" says Vincke, "because in the beginning he's very limited. He's a tutorial class in D&D 5e, but if I don't give you anything to do with your fighter in the beginning of a videogame you'll go bananas, especially when you play multiplayer."
    It's a big one though, it leaves one curious about what they have done to the fighter.

I do see their point, the things people do to make fighters combat RP entertaining while keeping the simple mechanics won't translate that well to a CRPG, they'd get boring fast.

The Champion Fighter to me seems to very much be the example of the Tutorial Build of the Fighter, and is overall the Tutorial Build of the entire system. But even with a subclass as interesting in mechanics as the Battlemaster, the first 2 levels before getting there really just have the options of "I attack" and action surge.
    XP gyor, MarkB gave XP for this post

The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold Avenger View Post
    The Champion Fighter to me seems to very much be the example of the Tutorial Build of the Fighter, and is overall the Tutorial Build of the entire system. But even with a subclass as interesting in mechanics as the Battlemaster, the first 2 levels before getting there really just have the options of "I attack" and action surge.
    It just occurred to me that might turn to the skills system and Larian style interaction system as a solution to that. Like offering an option to through a chain or table at someone, grapples, tripping, ect...

The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/01/baldu...-10094263/amp/

A few new bits of information, like the Mind Flayers aren't the main bad guys of the game. My instincts say the main Villians will be either the Bane/Bhaal/Myrkul, or a Kraken, or an Aboleth.

Also First Party Perpective was mentioned I don't know what that is.