Baldur's Gate III Announced; Powered by D&D 5E - Page 4
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Time Agent (Lvl 24)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Trailer was great! Larian are great! This might just work. Finally Wizards has partnered up with a competent software house. "Too green" though? Yeesh, what about those other D&D games of the past decade? They don't exactly scream quality.

Really good start for this one!
    Previous experience may have been why they were so gun-shy. Let's face it they've had some pretty bad luck with software developers over the past few years.

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Quote Originally Posted by Oofta View Post
    Previous experience may have been why they were so gun-shy. Let's face it they've had some pretty bad luck with software developers over the past few years.
    You might argue that why they chose those developers in the first place?

Larian made D:OS2, probably the best CRPG ever made. I'm hyped as hell (no pun intended).
    XP BookBarbarian gave XP for this post

One source I've read states it'll be on both Steam and GOG at launch, and not Epic Game Store exclusive.

According to the Venture Beat article there's no "missing" attack rolls, because it would be frustrating from a gameplay perspective. I'm not completely sure how they'd handle whatever it substitutes and things like AC.

The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/venture...o-avernus/amp/

“We started with a very rigorous port of the ruleset. Then we started looking at what worked and what didn’t work. Because obviously, it’s a video game, so not everything translates very well. We modified where it made sense to start modifying,” Vincke said.

Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)

Quote Originally Posted by Mercador View Post
    You might argue that why they chose those developers in the first place?

Larian made D:OS2, probably the best CRPG ever made. I'm hyped as hell (no pun intended).
    They don't actively court developers, they can only choose those who come to them with money to offer. This would have been right after they took a risk on a newer company and the result crashed and burned.
    XP Prakriti gave XP for this post

What do you think about videogames set in other worlds: Greyhawk, Mystara, Birthright, Dark Sun...

My opinion is the RPG videogames will need its own story creator.
    XP doctorbadwolf gave XP for this post

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Quote Originally Posted by Parmandur View Post
    They don't actively court developers, they can only choose those who come to them with money to offer. This would have been right after they took a risk on a newer company and the result crashed and burned.
    I don't know, maybe I know videogame industry too much but I would have made some researchs before allowing any developers to use the DnD licence. In my opinion, it was like a couple of execs made poor or misguided decisions earlier.

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

well there goes my next campaign ... I was working on a mindflayer space invasion.

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

I have played other Larian games, and I am not that much pleased : after usually great intros, and initial quests full of wit and humor, they quickly devolve into min-max combat railroads where the fun is slowly sucked out of you.

I wish I am wrong on this one.

A 1e title so awesome it's not in the book (Lvl 21)

Quote Originally Posted by Stereofm View Post
    I have played other Larian games, and I am not that much pleased : after usually great intros, and initial quests full of wit and humor, they quickly devolve into min-max combat railroads where the fun is slowly sucked out of you.

I wish I am wrong on this one.
    I mean, at worst what you're describing is Icewind Dale, which I'd be pleased enough with.