Starfinder Little House In The Vast

Kaodi

Hero
The ship does not have much in the way of internal sensors, but you are able to ascertain that there is activity of some kind taking place further along on this deck and on the bridge. Someone appears to have detected your connection and attempts to circumvent your hack but you easily overcome their weak attempt at countermeasures.

Meanwhile the woman puts her hands up in front of her face and cowers away a bit. "Come on, we done a bit of looting, but we're not hiding anything. We're out here in the middle of nowhere, and there is a big, empty ship within spittin' distance of a town, of course we moved in. It's just a hangout, a base."

Suddenly just as Skitter is tapping into the comms there is a brief crackle and pop and they come to life: "Go ahead and shoot her," says a brusque female voice with a distinct Castrovellian accent. "You wash out of basic training so fast they did not get to keeping your damned eyes open, Gistanne? If you're not dead the next time I see you - I can change that. And the rest of you, you can get out of my damned ship!"

"To whom do I have the pleasure of speaking," Zyzzy said flatly. "You are mistaken. We have the papers of ownership for this craft and it is you who are trespassing. Vacate the premises forthwith." She makes a cutting motion across her throat and points to the intercom controls in front of Skitter. When they are turned off, she says, "Yes, I know that won't work." She turns to Gistanne, "Charming fellow. You might want to rethink how you make friends."

CharlotteOz

Explorer
Tara frowns, thinking the situation over, then turned to Gistanne, deciding to slide into the role of good cop. "I noticed a Castrovellian accent - are they on planet or in the system or communicating via Drift beacon, and if they decide to come here in force how many can we expect? Tell us what you know about who we just had a chat with and we'll let you go."

OOC: Diplomacy: 1d20 8

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Honour among thieves," Sobec mutters, but otherwise stays out of the interrogation verbally. He does relax his grip on the woman somewhat, as if appearing to cut her some slack after hearing her companion basically condemning her to death, but he does not let go.

The tiny star that orbits the vesk, and that was a weapon just a minute ago, starts circling around both Sobec and Gistanne; it is almost as if the orb has a mind of its own and is observing the prisoner.

Kaodi

Hero
"Are you nuts?" comes the bewildered reply. "Lashuntas do not just all stick together 'cause we talk alike. In any case, your ownership papers, if you even have any, mean squat out here. This is the frontier; out here, you have what you can hold. And right now I am holding this ship, and all you are holding is that waste of skin." There is a short pause. "But I'll tell you what, shoot her in the head right now and I will consider it your job application for my crew. A number of positions have, ah, opened up recently."

At that comment Gistanne makes a start towards the intercomm but she is easily restrained by Sobec. "Screw you, Hesala! When I get my hands on your you're gonna wish you got a bullet!"

Skitter cuts the comms as indicated. He continues to look at the systems looking for what is online and accessible. He makes sure the comms are off and no one will hear them.

"Well Red I'm trying to get access to the ships critical systems and transfer them to my rig. If I can I should be able to cut them off and isolate them." He waves towards the holo-display floating above his arm. "There is someone on the bridge my guess it's Hesala. The others are up ahead on this deck. My guess is setting up some form of welcome party."

OOC: So I want to see if I can get access to the blast doors and life-support systems. I'd also like to see if I can transfer all the system controls to my Custom Rig? If I can would I be able to us it to open and close blast doors and vent rooms from anywhere on the ship?

Here is a roll to try and make the transfer. If I need more rolls let me know.
Computer roll: 1d20+9 14

Kaodi

Hero
Transferring ships functions to your custom rig takes a bit of doing but you appear to have been at least mostly successful. You were not, however, able to cut off other potential users from access to the controls. So what you do can still possibly be circumvented by other users with root access.

"That psycho and her pet android too," growls Gistanne through gritted teeth.

Kaodi

Hero
"Are you going to kill me or not?" your prisoner asks flatly after a few moments. "I knew there was something wrong with that filter scum, she seemed a little too interested in that chromejob Cannister. She was always harsh, but I did not think she would sell any of us up the space lane so quickly..." she says trailing off.

In any case Skitter is able to punch in a few things on his arm and there is that whirring sound again as the bay door pops open. The hallway beyond is dark, but he is able to fix that as well. The first person to poke their head out is met with a single blast of laser fire. Maybe a warning shot, maybe not, but it definitely gets your attention.

OOC: We will assume that you have rested long enough to use your resolve to regain stamina at this point. Either you can keep talking or initiate combat.

Skitter pulls his head back and curses. He was hoping he could work his way around them but that didn't look like it was possible now.

"Damn and here I thought we might catch a break. Didn't want to have to fight these yahoos." He looks to the others. "What's the plan?"

OOC: Did I get a look at where the shot came from down the corridor? What was just through the door? Is there a blast door farther in that I could close so we can move towards them without taking fire?

"It is most likely we will have to fight these yahoos," Zyzzy says flatly, though there is a trace of a smile on her lips. "Let's tie this one up and leave out of listening range. For all we know she has a listening device the aforementioned yahoos are listening in on."

She turns to Tara, "The real question is if we really want to risk our lives trying to take possession of rather large objet d'art. Because this ship is far more similar to a statue than flying machine at the moment."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases