Starfinder Little House In The Vast

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Sobec produces a soft deep growl that obviously means ‘none of your business’, then ignores the lashunta to address Tara

”I’m fine,” the big vesk says as he swings his large heavyduty backpack over his shoulder with ease, and then grabs Skitter’s bags as well.

”Which one is ours?” Sobec asks the lashunta for the buggy they can use.

The others may note that the vesk’s jovial attitude from only moments ago has changed to a more reserved one as soon as another person approached them.

Zyzzy stops herself from revealing their destination as Sobec growls. It takes her a moment to process that perhaps the vesk has the right idea to keep their plans secret. "Yes, we have arranged different transport options and need to meet them. We will certainly return the vehicle before leaving the planet."

Zyzzy pays the 40cr + 50cr deposit and accepts whatever "key" is needed to operate the vehicle. She boards the vehicle and sits in the pilot's position. "Let's get on board folks. No idea what the day/night cycle on this rock is so let's not waste daylight."

Skitter smiles at Sobec, the vesk had been almost fatherly to him since they met on Absalom Station. Skitter had gotten into a little trouble and Sobec had stepped in to help. Skitter motioned to sparky and stepped outside. He walked up to the vehicle and kicked one of the tires. The ysoki then made a slow circle around the buggy giving it a through once over. Once satisfied that it would get them to their destination he smiles. He motions to Sparky and the drone climbs into the back of the buggy. Skitter climbs in next to the drone.

"Ok Red it'll get us to our destination. I'm ready when you are."

Kaodi

Hero
There are four vehicles in total parked alongside the Voyager Vehicles building. All are painted in bright company red, and they are in reasonable state of cleanliness for a vehicle exposed to the elements as the buggies are not enclosed. They are something like roll cages with engines and wheels. But most importantly everything seems to be in good working order.

As you loading up and stowing any excess gear the relative quiet is momentarily broken by by another vehicle driving by filled with a gruff looking and raucous crew. Unlike the corporate vehicles its paint job is slapdash combination of black and other colours, though the basic design is more or less the same. There are also a number of seeming trophies and other decorations affixed to it. The crew, a human driver with a ysoki passenger and a big vesk riding in the back, seem to be chuckling and laughing amongst themselves. But right as they go by the vesk shoots you a menacing glare. They quickly turn the corner though and look to be headed out of town.

OOC: Did you mean to pay for a four day rental? It was 10 credits per day and a 50 credit insurance deposit.

CharlotteOz

Explorer
"Hmf." Tara appraised the vehicle like she would a pack of potential hostiles, but says nothing.

Hmmm. That glare was... well, I shouldn't assume it was hostile, maybe that's actually a friendly greeting among the vesk. Sobec might be offended if I ask, so I'll just have to look it up later.

Finally, after some deliberation, Tara decided to ask the broker. "Were those locals?"

Kaodi

Hero
The lashunta, who appears to have suddenly turned a shade paler, pauses for a moment as if unsure and the nods slightly. "If by 'local' you mean, 'local menace'," he says, his voice agitated. "I am fairly certain they were behind the theft of one of our rigs about a month ago, but they've surely done worse; I'd say 'bandit' is a fair description. Their crew is holed up in that abandoned ship outside of town. You might have seen it on the way in."

Zyzzy, sitting in the driver seat of the ground vehicle, is on pre-ignition check 17 of 23 when she notices the whole group is not onboard. "Can someone find out what is taking Skitters so long to get on board?" As check number 23 is verified she starts the vehicles engines. She then begins pre-motion check 1 of 13.

Kaodi

Hero
"I do not know exactly how many more there are," says the lashunta, shaking his head. "I just know there are more than that. Watch your backs if you leave town, but as long as you do not go snooping around their base you can probably avoid trouble with them. I imagine that group was heading back their now."

Remove ads