SF Little House In The Vast - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 104
  1. #31
    Member
    Magsman (Lvl 14)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Napanee, Ontario
    Posts
    6,512
    As you maneuver around the dust storm that you had seen from the ship earlier picks up a bit, obscuring your vision a bit. Fortunately it does not appear strong enough to obscure the trail of the other vehicle, however. Less fortunately the sands of Pan do not taste any better than the sands of the Pact Worlds, as you can feel it on your tongue after speaking.

    You continue you on for a while, passing through small valleys and around equally small hills. Then the dust abates, and you see a ship nearby. At least you think it is nearby as as you get closer the ship gets much, much bigger. The hull is a faded green as 'Viridian Horse' would lead you to expect, but the vessel must be over six hundred feet long with multiple decks and huge cargo bay doors along its underside. Zyzzy immediate recognizes the hull design as an ATech Merchant-class Freighter.

    One of these cargo doors near the back appears to be open with a ramp possibly extended to the ground. You are still a bit far away to tell exactly, but it looks like there might be some movement there. Having gotten a look, you quickly duck your buggy behind a crest of sand and hope that no one has spotted you again in turn while you discuss your plan of approach. From the look of it the area leading right up to the ship is rather flat, which makes sense considering its size. But there is cover here and there you may be able to use to get closer.
    Last edited by Kaodi; Saturday, 15th June, 2019 at 09:00 PM.

  2. #32
    Community Supporter
    Superhero (Lvl 15)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Central, NJ, USA
    Posts
    7,579
    "That is a much larger ship than I would have thought my mentor would ever have been owner of," Zyzzy says aloud. "Perhaps we can circle around to the far side and see if we can use the landing gear as cover as we approach the access ramp." She turns to Tara and says, "I suspect neither of us will be buying the other out any time soon."
    Last edited by jmucchiello; Saturday, 15th June, 2019 at 11:40 PM.

  3. #33
    "I agree; far side's the most experience approach." She unslung her laser rifle and held it in a relaxed-but-ready position, flipping the safety off and waiting for the others to weigh in.

  4. #34
    Member
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,320
    Sobec nods, his reptilian head making the motion seem artificial almost.

    I want to know how many bandits there are, and if there is more than one vesk I need to face, he says with the absolute certainty that only he can face others of his race.

    Far side, Skitter? he asks his friend.

  5. #35
    Community Supporter
    Superhero (Lvl 15)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Central, NJ, USA
    Posts
    7,579
    Zyzzy is looking to see if it is possible to approach the far side of the ship with the vehicle without being spotted.

    Perception? (1d20+4)[18]

  6. #36
    Member
    Magsman (Lvl 14)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Napanee, Ontario
    Posts
    6,512
    It seems like it would be very unlikely that you could circle the ship with the vehicle without being detected. The terrain is rough, but it is not that rough, and even if you could evade the eyes of any sentries outside there is a chance that anyone sitting in the bridge might spot you. The two most obvious choices now seem either to proceed on foot to avoid detection, which carries with it the risk of being caught without your vehicle if things go loopy, or proceed with your vehicle and accept that they will see you coming.

  7. #37
    Community Supporter
    Superhero (Lvl 15)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Central, NJ, USA
    Posts
    7,579
    "I don't see any way to get around the ship without being spotted," Zyzzy says. "Maybe on foot we can cut that way and approach from behind the ramp." She says pointing toward the far side of the ship. "Who's good at sneaking?"

  8. #38
    OOC: How close are we to the ship. My drone should be able to scout for us.

  9. #39
    Member
    Magsman (Lvl 14)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Napanee, Ontario
    Posts
    6,512
    OOC: Far enough that you cannot say for sure whether there are people around, so maybe half a mile?

  10. #40
    OOC: So I did not read the drone rules as carefully as I would have liked. I thought that I would be able to look through the eyes of the drone when I take full control. This doesn't seem to be the case. It looks like I need the camera mod to do this. Can I swap the mod for the camera mod? I understand if that is not possible. If not then what type of data can I get from the drone if I use it to scout ahead?


    Skitter shades his eyes and looks towards the ship. He takes a quick estimate and thinks it should be in range of his rigs comms to Sparky.

    "Guys Sparky could probably scout it out for us. He is rather stealthy and I've got about half a mile on my comms range to him. He should be able to get a count of the number of men down there."

Similar Threads

  1. Starfinder: Little House In The Vast (Closed)
    By Kaodi in forum Talking the Talk
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: Saturday, 29th June, 2019, 06:59 AM
  2. List of the uh vast splats of 5E D&D
    By Illithidbix in forum *Dungeons & Dragons
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Monday, 8th February, 2016, 09:34 AM
  3. EN World's fame grows ever more vast...
    By Savage Wombat in forum *General Roleplaying Games Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: Saturday, 21st September, 2002, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •