Dungeons and Dragons (5th Edition): How to Build a Wizard – A Combat Guide

Dungeons and Dragons (5th Edition): How to Build a Wizard – A Combat Guide

Hey, guys! I'm back with a whole new build guide. This time around, I've devised a detailed breakdown of how you can build a wizard to best utilize their versatility in combat. That being said, I'm looking for feedback. Please leave me some comments down below on what you think of the guide. I hope you all enjoy and I wish each of you a pleasant day! Yay for D&D!P.S. I'll be back on tonight to answer comments. Busy day :(https://www.gametruth.com/guides/du...edition-how-to-build-a-wizard-a-combat-guide/

Mort

Legend
Supporter
In listing recommended spell choices:

You don't mention counterspell - an odd omission since you recommend the Abjuration school as the top choice. Not only is counterspell a likely must for any wizard, abjurers get a big bonus when casting it (10th level plus).

Same goes for dispel magic, not quite the must have like counterspell, but a very odd omission for an abjuration wizard.

TallIan

Explorer
A wizard guide that doesn't even mention concentration? Most of the most powerful wizard spells require concentration and without taking that into account it is easy to end up with a spell list that is too limited by this mechanic.

You talk about the spell book evolving but make no mention of how to do this. You are also severely lacking in personal defensive spells.

aco175

Legend
Good job. Your article does lay out some of the most optimized ways of making a wizard. You provide reasoning behind your choices and give some options to back up things like feats and spells.

I would like to see some more race options and maybe give options on schools and paths at 3rd level.

Good job. Your article does lay out some of the most optimized ways of making a wizard. You provide reasoning behind your choices and give some options to back up things like feats and spells.

I would like to see some more race options and maybe give options on schools and paths at 3rd level.

Hey, aco. Thanks for the comment! I see your point. That 3rd path decision is a big moment, so I should probably flesh out the pros and cons of the player's options a little more. Makes sense.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases