Homebrew Fighter subclasses for every ability score - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

I couldn't decide if this was Wisdom or Intelligence secondary... decided intelligence as its so much about predicting and analysing but could be either.

XP ART! gave XP for this post

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Quote Originally Posted by Garthanos View Post
    Wis as being steady perceptive it reacts more but does so by being aware and it might take longer on its attack for some benefit? I think of Int as being quick predictive thinking instead of reacting to an already occurring situation but it is highly analytical and preplanning too hmmmmm .

So yeah there may be difficulty differentiating them in anything but a flavor fashion..

I was thinking in 4e that most of the powers and feats with Figher Wisdom riders ended up being the same ones I would Tweak via a combat style into being Intelligence riders.
    Just quickly looking at D&D Beyond's version of the PHB, INT measures mental acuity*, information recall, and analytical skill. WIS measures awareness, intuition, and insight.

*"sharpness or keenness of thought, vision, or hearing", says Google's dictionary

Quote Originally Posted by Garthanos View Post
    I couldn't decide if this was Wisdom or Intelligence secondary... decided intelligence as its so much about predicting and analysing but could be either.
    [awesome scene of RDJ as Holmes in a fist fight]
    Excellent example. Compare this to the more intuitive, instinctive, insightful approach your standard martial arts film protagonist might have. [insert great example here]

What would the functional, game-play difference be, in 5E?

Off the top of my head, I'd let the INT fighter make a lot of Investigation checks or somesuch, for weak spots, vulnerabilities, etc., and let the WIS fighter make Insight checks to predict their opponents next moves.
    Last edited by ART!; Thursday, 13th June, 2019 at 02:20 PM.

The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Quote Originally Posted by ART! View Post

What would the functional, game-play difference be, in 5E?
    If we were literally doing the holmes scene let him combine maneuvers better in some fashion the success of one feeding into the next

Titan (Lvl 27)

Off the top of my head, I'd let the INT fighter make a lot of Investigation checks or somesuch, for weak spots, vulnerabilities, etc., .
    Could be knowledge checks, too. And a 'right tool for the job' ethos, with specialized variations on weapons specific to a foe he expects to face...
    XP ART! gave XP for this post

The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Off the top of my head, I'd let the INT fighter make a lot of Investigation checks or somesuch, for weak spots, vulnerabilities, etc., and let the WIS fighter make Insight checks to predict their opponents next moves.
    I had an idea of using checks to enable maneuvers you forfeit an attack from your attack action to effectively have another superiority die for your next attack..... basically with the die as a damage boost on the next action its putting all your eggs in one basket with interesting effect being one of them. The skill check might not even be a hard one (or if it was add the WIS or INT or CHA also to the attack) or some similar stuff.