Rex Draconis: A D&D Setting From 'Legend of Huma' Author Richard A Knaak
    Frazzled
    Dracolich (Lvl 29)

Rex Draconis: A D&D Setting From 'Legend of Huma' Author Richard A Knaak

Those of you who are fans of Richard A Knaak's Dragonlance novels, The Legend of Huma and Kaz the Minotaur, may already be familiar with his Rex Draconis novel series. Now you can grab a free 15-page D&D NPC collection from this world!

Name:  279389.jpg
Views: 19189
Size:  182.1 KB

"Rex Draconis RPG brings D&D novelist legend Richard A. Knaak's brand new high fantasy series, the Rex Draconis Saga, to the tabletop. Using the D&D 5th Edition (OGL) ruleset, Rex Draconis RPG books take players through the exciting yet dangerous lands of Tiberos."

This short guide was written by Micah Watt and Phil Beckwith, and includes a handful of NPCs, monsters, and magic items.

The Rex Draconis RPG was a Kickstarter back in 2018. It has a very "Dragonlance" feel to it, and even describes itself as such:

"Set in the world of Tiberos, the Rex Draconis RPG setting allows you to experience the epic fantasy of Richard A Knaak’s new world, dubbed by many as ‘the spiritual successor to Dragonlance’. Against the backdrop of war, play as honourable Minotaur, chivalrous knights, mischievous Kwillum or powerful wizards, as you thwart the warmongering of the savage Wheyr and the machinations of the mysterious draconic Fafni and Afafni."

The first novel was called Under the Dragon Moon. "When the minotaur captain Rath and his fellow survivors manage to escape the piratical wheyr after stumbling across them on an island, they and others discover too late that something ancient came with. Now, with humans and minotaurs on the brink of war, an uneasy alliance of characters must uncover the truth about an ancient war once again stirring, a war between two manipulative races using all others as their pawns…"

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

cool!

The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

"Wheyr," "Fafni" and "Kwillum" are pretty bad species names, even by the standards of fantasy novels.

"Fafni" would work as a semi-comic relief dwarf, though.

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

I misread it as Pax Draconis and thought "wow, the peace being kept by a Dragon Empire is a pretty fresh idea!"
    I still think the actual news is cool, but man do I have a new idea to play with!
    XP jayoungr gave XP for this post

The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Quote Originally Posted by Mavkatzer View Post
    I misread it as Pax Draconis and thought "wow, the peace being kept by a Dragon Empire is a pretty fresh idea!"
    I still think the actual news is cool, but man do I have a new idea to play with!
    Take a look at Arcana Unearthed, if you haven't. It's a multi-species empire now ruled by benevolent giants, formerly ruled by dragons. And now (well, in the 3.5 era), the dragons are coming back ...
    XP Mavkatzer gave XP for this post

Defender (Lvl 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Whizbang Dustyboots View Post
    Take a look at Arcana Unearthed, if you haven't. It's a multi-species empire now ruled by benevolent giants, formerly ruled by dragons. And now (well, in the 3.5 era), the dragons are coming back ...
    That was one of my favorite 3.5 era settings. My group did a mashup of it with a fantasy setting based on the mythology of the Indian subcontinent. We had a blast playing it.

A 1e title so awesome it's not in the book (Lvl 21)

So this is King Dragon or Dragon King something like that?

Superhero (Lvl 15)

Quote Originally Posted by Zardnaar View Post
    So this is King Dragon or Dragon King something like that?
    If I remember my Latin correctly (which I may not), I believe it's "King of the Dragons."