Acquisitions Inc Book Art From Aviv Or

The official Acquisitions Incorporated Dungeon Manual D&D book has snuck up on us, and is releasing in the next week or so. Artist Aviv Or has shown off some of the artwork she did for the book on Twitter.

avi1.1.jpg
aviv1.5.jpg

"I started with designing [Acquisitions Inc] Positions - a character's role in the company on top of their standard D&D class - as iconic characters. Like the Cartographer, who's about discovering places and getting there; and the Decisionist, who brings decisive leadership to the franchise."

aviv3.1.jpg

"I got a clear brief for each Position's trappings, but other than that I was free to pick whatever race/class/features I wanted, which was AWESOME. I used [this site; NSFW site] for quick inspiration; for example this Loremonger's starting point was "Compassionate Gnome Druid"

aviv4.1.jpg
aviv5.1.jpg

"[Penny Arcade] encouraged me to play with diverse races, genders, shapes and colours - always a great instruction in a brief, and one I was happy to follow. A couple of my favourites are the Documancer (who started as "NB Headstrong Genasi Bard") and the Obviator ("F Selfish Dwarf Wizard")"

Aviv will be sharing more art from the book over the coming days on Twitter, so check out that thread!

Mournblade94

Adventurer
Im not so sure. Between Dungeon Mayhem, Rick and Morty, and this, it looks like things are getting a little too meta. I can't get immersed in the silliness.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Im not so sure. Between Dungeon Mayhem, Rick and Morty, and this, it looks like things are getting a little too meta. I can't get immersed in the silliness.

A card game for tweens, a starter set for comic book fans, and a setting book for fans of a comic-geek website

versus EVERY OTHER THING WotC is putting out for D&D

Warpiglet

Adventurer
The art is distracting and silly. Not a fan at all. It is just taste of course. It's not the vibe of any D&D I have ever played. However I am sure there are some groups that like a little more sunshine and smiles. Maybe they enjoy it?

elgen

First Post
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Mournblade94

Awesome work looking more realistic... its art every piece has its own dynamics and hold creators perceptive. Art is never the game of apple and oranges comparison.

Last edited:

Mournblade94

Adventurer
What other things? Their Output is about two maybe three books a year, and they're less than source books more on adventure. We used to get source material every month. Now they have limited resources so source books come out three times a year.

IF Wotc had a good output I wouldn't really care.

Kurotowa

Legend
We used to get source material every month. Now they have limited resources so source books come out three times a year.

That's a business choice, not a resource lack. When WotC was putting out monthly source books they were full of poorly designed crap and flooded the market leading to poor overall sales. Better three books a year when they're well done and I have use for all of them than monthly releases of over specialized environment books like Sandstorm and "Who asked for this?" books like Magic of Incarnum.

Mournblade94

Adventurer
That's a business choice, not a resource lack. When WotC was putting out monthly source books they were full of poorly designed crap and flooded the market leading to poor overall sales. Better three books a year when they're well done and I have use for all of them than monthly releases of over specialized environment books like Sandstorm and "Who asked for this?" books like Magic of Incarnum.

Thats faire Enough. But up until now, we didn't get quite as niche a book as Acquisitions. The whole corporate thing just seems like it is unasked for as a niche environment or a new magic system like incarnum. At least in the past there would usually be something useful. This book is for a definite niche. If you don't want to be corporations into your medieval fantasy there probably isn't much there for you.

Kurotowa

Legend
But up until now, we didn't get quite as niche a book as Acquisitions.

AI isn't a proper WotC book. The writers weren't WotC devs. There was no Unearthed Arcana testing for its material. It doesn't occupy one of the normal WotC release slots. It's a third-party book that, for reasons we aren't privy to, worked out a joint publishing deal with WotC to slap on official branding and go out through WotC distribution channels.

You know how the new Spider-Man movies are effectively made by Marvel Studios but are still technically Sony films for purposes of promotion and distribution? This is like that, but in reverse. Joint publishing deals are hardly unheard of, they're just not very common in the RPG industry.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases