Inspired RPG advice sites/YouTube Channels

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
My original version of this post was too long, so here's the tl;dr version: I read/listen to GM advice sites and YouTube channels for inspiration but I've run out and YouTube seems to have stopped giving me new leads. Anyone have any?

Here's what I've already used up: The Alexandrian, AngryGM, GreatGM, Runehammer, Dungeoncraft 101, Office Hours, Lindybeige, Matthew Colville, and Mercer.

Is that all there is? Have I used up the internet's good GMing advice sites and channels?

Last edited:

Celebrim

Legend
Youtube's Seth Skorkowsky gives very thorough and practical GM centered reviews of Call of Cthulhu modules.

Youtube's Dael Kingsmill (Monarchsfactory is the channel) can be very entertaining, and offers good GM practical tips.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
I asked the same on reddit and here's what they added to the list of things to take in if anyone is interested:

Ken and Robin Talk about Stuff
Nerdarchy
Digital Dungeon Master
DM Lair
Jim Murphy
Seth Skorkowsky
WebDM
Taking 20
Daydreaming about Dragons podcast
I Waste the Budda with my Crossbow
Good Friends of Jackson Elias
Filling in the Gaps
Fear the Boot
Improved Initiative

I'll add Dael Kingsmill to the list as well; thanks Celebrim!

Scottius

Adventurer
Youtube's Seth Skorkowsky gives very thorough and practical GM centered reviews of Call of Cthulhu modules.

Youtube's Dael Kingsmill (Monarchsfactory is the channel) can be very entertaining, and offers good GM practical tips.

Glad to see a shout out already for Seth Skorkowsky, and I'll addy voice to this as well. He's become my favorite gaming YouTuber since I discovered his channel last year. He does reviews (mostly Call of Cthulhu, some Cyberpunk and old school D&D mixed in).

He also does good videos on gaming in general like good and bad DM traits and the like. His few videos of memorable gaming table stories are also highly worth seeking out like his Bonesaw and Scott Brown videos. They both had me in stitches.

Arilyn

Hero
I agree that Seth is great.
Another one is Professor Dungeonmaster. He does mix of rpg advice, as well as using and building terrain. He's pretty old school, and runs his own mix of D&D, Index Card RPG, and homebrew, which he discusses. Not my style, but he's interesting.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases