D&D 5E D&D to change its name next year

This is unconfirmed as I have not been able to click on the link to verify the source, but according to the blurb on this article:

"Starting in April 2020, the iconic Dungeons and Dragons (D&D) will instead be called Dungeon(s) and/or Dragon(s), abbreviated D&/D."

http://www.boardgamelinks.com/links/news_link/133336

Has anyone been able to confirm this? What are your thoughts if it is true?

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I can't get the article external to BBG to open up, my guess is it's a joke. Branding is the strongest thing going for D&D, they wouldn't change it.

I can't get the article external to BBG to open up, my guess is it's a joke. Branding is the strongest thing going for D&D, they wouldn't change it.

The timing is suspect, too. WoTC and the D&D devs are well known for having fun during April 1st.

Yeah, like I said...I was unable to click on the link to verify.

Looks like they are starting up April Fools early this year :p
IMO, Mr. Howard, the author, was sitting around the house watching his kids and he was bored. Maybe he had a deadline and had to come up with something, anything, to get to his editor.

Besides being poorly done, it still reaches it's objective, which is to bring a bunch of clicks to the page so that the site can claim all sorts of click for ad revenue.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases