2000AD Armour skill?

d(sqrt(-1))

First Post
The skills table on p 22 lists armour types as combat skills. However the section on DEFENCE (p79) doesn't mention armour skill as a possible addition to DEFENCE ratings (it does mention armour quality).

The bottom of p 23 does mention armour skill as a way to benefit from higher quality armour (rather than medium/heavy types?). The wording sort of implies that it's a way to offset the DEFENCE penalties associated with Medium/Heavy armour though.

So I'm a bit unsure what the armour skills are for exactly?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It's used exactly the way you quoted, from page 23. Lets you benefit from higher quality armour.

d(sqrt(-1))

First Post
So does it purely offset the penalties? If so what does Light Armour skill do since that has no penalties?

There's a difference between Light/Medium/Heavy and different qualities of armour which is why I'm having trouble determining the intention.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So does it purely offset the penalties? If so what does Light Armour skill do since that has no penalties?

No, that’s the opposite of what I just said. :)

It literally just does what it says in that paragraph — to benefit from higher quality equipment, you need an appropriate skill. You can’t benefit from an exceptional quality pistol without enough ranks in pistols. Same with armour.

d(sqrt(-1))

First Post
Hm, ok thanks. I'll reread those parts then. If that's what it does then there's not much point in starting PCs taking those skills I guess.

d(sqrt(-1))

First Post
A related question - where are the upgrade capacities listed? p91 says that "The upgrade capacity is given by its size (for weapons) or type (for armour). Higher quality weapons and armour gain additional upgrade slots."

The additional upgrade slots are listed on the table on p 90 but I can't see anywhere where the base upgrade capacities are for weapons or armour.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Off the top of my head I can't remember page numbers, but small or light = 2, medium = 3, large or heavy = 5.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases