2000AD Hand Bombs

d(sqrt(-1))

First Post
p 103 talks about Hand Bombs (aka Grenades). I'm a bit unsure about a few things in their description, so just to check I have it right:

- You throw them to a square (vs DEFENCE 10 to land on-target, else roll scatter).

- If on-target you then roll an attack against all within the Burst 2 radius. What is the attack roll, the same as the on-target roll? Is this modified by anything - skill etc? Is there any modifier for being 2 squares away rather than 1 or zero? Are these attacks vs RANGED DEFENCE?

- For those you hit you then apply damage. Do you roll damage per target? Does it still get the + to damage from skill equal to skill pool?

Stumm gas - do you still have to roll to hit? Presumably it lingers like Dissolver? What happens if someone walks into the area, do they still get attacked by the gas - if so, using what roll/skills etc? (I would guess they are automatically affected without a respirator if they are daft enough to do so, but they might get pushed in, etc.)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
See Burst attacks on page 99. Area attacks use a single attack roll (in this case AGI (throwing) or similar) vs VITAL DEFENSE of all targets, and a single damage roll. Otherwise it is resolved just like any other attack roll.

Last edited:

d(sqrt(-1))

First Post
So just to be sure I understand you, it's a roll to hit the DEF 10 target square, and the same roll is used to compare vs VITAL DEF of all within burst radius? Or is it a roll to hit the target square and then another AGI/throw roll to determine hits?

p 103 says "Hand bombs affect any creature within Burst 2 (10’) of the target square (make an attack roll against each creature individually)" which is what I was unsure about.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Two rolls. One to determine where it lands, the other to attack all in the resultant burst.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases