Dragonlance Dragonlance Novels - How Many Are There?

Inchoroi

Adventurer
Personally, I do not recommend Dragonlance novels even though I love the setting (In fact, I'm running my current campaign there).
I think that the world of Krynn works well as a stage to play in it but, although I respect the work of Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman as authors, the novels do not offer anything interesting and do not seem very well written to me.

I would add the only caveat being the original Dragonlance novels, because there's no other books I've ever read that reads so much like an actual D&D adventure with somewhat uncooperative players. Just read them for nostalgia, and then make the setting your own, in other words.

Voadam

Legend
I was guessing around 120. I read about two dozen or so. _Weasel's Luck_ is my personal favorite. The short story that ran in Dragon, and then later in an anthology, about Tasslehoff and Demogorgon is a lot of fun too.

I think _Dragons of Summer Flame_ is the latest in in-world chronology that I read while the later Hickman Weiss extra stories of the Chronicles era were the last that I read as far as publishing date. I've read the 3e Campaign Setting book cover to cover though so I am familiar with the Age of Mortals and post big dragon era.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Are those unique novels or counting re-releases and omnibuses as separate novels?
It's been so long since I've opened the boxes that I decided to check what I have here.

That's about 100 unique books, so a lot less than I thought.

But that's not all of them. For example, I know I have Hammer and the Axe, and The Covenant of the Forge, but can't find them. I have a box or two in storage with more books (most of those are different versions, but the missing novels have to be there too).

So, add to that all the young reader books (none of which I own).

Edit: I also can't find either Destiny or Alliances, or any of the four books in the Anvil of Time series.

Attachments

• IMG_20190621_161131.jpg
    IMG_20190621_161131.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 265
Last edited:

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Alright, I finished my inventory and here are the results. Books still missing from my photo:

Hammer and the Axe
The Covenant of the Forge
Destiny
Alliances
Prisoner of Haven
The Players of Gilean
Renegade Wizards
The Gargoyle King
The Forest King
Lord of the Rose
The Black Talon
The Survivors
The Sellword
Dragons of Time
Brother of the Dragon
Death March
Sister of the Sword
Children of the Plains
Knights of the Rose
The Inheritance
The Great White Wyrm
Protecting Palanthas
Weasel's Luck
A Hero's Justice
The Alien Sea
Saving Solace
Knights of the Crown
Knights of the Sword
Wayward Knights
The Measure and the Truth
Theros Ironfeld
The Messenger
Maquesta Kar-Thon
The Rebellion
Goblin Nation
The Crown and the Sword
Sacred Fire
Amber and Iron
Empire of Blood
The Fire Rose
The Minotaur Wars
Return of the Exile
Night of Blood
Flight of the Fallen
The Secret of Pax Tharkas
The Wizard's Fate
City of the Lost
The Golden Orb
Winterheim
Stormblade
A Warrior's Journey
Amber and Blood
Fate of Thorbardin
Hair of Kayolin

So, without counting the young reader novels, I still get to 150+ unique books in the series.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Alright, I finished my inventory and here are the results. Books still missing from my photo:
So, without counting the young reader novels, I still get to 150+ unique books in the series.

I mean this in the most positive and friendly way, but... You're a geek. :D

PabloM

Adventurer
I would add the only caveat being the original Dragonlance novels, because there's no other books I've ever read that reads so much like an actual D&D adventure with somewhat uncooperative players. Just read them for nostalgia, and then make the setting your own, in other words.

Hahahaha. The setting is fine, it´s another calssic vanilla and tolkienesque fantasy setting.

tglassy

Adventurer
I always liked how magic worked. Red, black and white wizards, each devoted to a different god. Just something I thought was unique.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Hahahaha. The setting is fine, it´s another classic vanilla and tolkienesque fantasy setting.
Is it really "vanilla"? Sure, it's pseudo-medieval fantasy, but it has dragons you can ride. That was a significant difference from Greyhawk, Forgotten Realms, Tolkien, et al., to me.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases