How many 1st level Fighers can an 11th Level Fighter Kill?

Stalker0

Legend
Well, from the 100,000 simulations I ran, the average kills before the "Champion" falls was 7.90 with a standard deviation of 2.84 kills. A maximum of 22 kills (9 times) and 26 times with no kills at all.

I don't know how you handled initiative, but I gave the Champion a +1 modifier and the 1st-level fighters no modifier, with the Champion also going first in the case of ties. I also gave the Champion the 103 hp average and randomly added the second wind if hp dropped below 82 (since his max boost would add 21, returning him to full). The action surge was added the first round. Like you, replacements moved in when kills happened so the Champion was always attacked 8 times per round.

The chart shows the observed number of times X kills occurred. Your calculated estimated kills of 10 is high a bit IMO and I hope this helps. If you want the excel spreadsheet with the macro, just let me know.

View attachment 107119

I figured someone would piggy back off the work and take it to the next level...kudos! My guess is I underestimated the second wind power for the 1st level fighters, so more of them died than should have.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Oh, since you have the numbers....

How does it fair for a 5th level fighter? 15th? 20th?

What if the opponent are 2nd level? or 5th?

Well, now we are bringing in a lot of other variables. I can code it, but it will probably be a couple days when I have free time (I DO have a life, LOL!).

I just added the flanking option for the mooks, and that lowered the average significantly. Giving the mooks more hp and eventually extra attack will lower the average kills significantly as well.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Rapier + Shield. Dueling Style. Hunter's Mark. Horde Breaker. Hex an enemy. Whirlwind Attack every round. Use the horde breaker attack on your hexed enemy if it's not dead. If it is then pick an enemy you already hit. Max Dex. 14-16 con, you pick.

He will use level 3 cure wounds provided there are 4 or fewer enemies left and he is below 40 hp. He will recast hunter's mark with the other spells as needed.

Well, now we are bringing in a lot of other variables. I can code it, but it will probably be a couple days when I have free time (I DO have a life, LOL!).

I just added the flanking option for the mooks, and that lowered the average significantly. Giving the mooks more hp and eventually extra attack will lower the average kills significantly as well.
No rush :) I find it a fascinating study. It's a really interesting thing that shows the real power (not DPR etc) or effectiveness of levels and what they really mean.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases